Christian Dior S/S 08 Paris

He probably played "English man in New York" because Sting was in the audience..no?

Yeap, I just saw a little clip on the news and they were playing that song, which is probabbly the thing that Im liking the less so far from this show...

The clothes are perfect in my opinion, Ok, we are not getting pierrot inspired coats or make up, but this is Galliano in his escence, it is gronw up, it doesn´t have J´adore Dior (hmmm...^_^) logos splattered around, it is chic, bias cut, glamourous and sexy.

I´m liking this way of showing collections, he creates a huge spectacle for haute couture and a very refined one for rtw, as he did when he started working for the house,

Esthetically it wasn´t something new, but at least it is desirable, wearable and you can still feel him on those fringed details, fox collared capes and Vionnet silhouettes.

I also have a feeling that we are on that side of the spiral in which he plays it safe but will soon see more creativity emerge, if we look back at his career at Dior, there are periods in which he goes comercial and ones in which he let his imagination run wild, if we compare it to last year´s rtw show, at least now we got a bit more make up, strass, fur and sparkles, which I´d like to take as an indicator of his drag side crawling once again to burst on scene.

Galliano isn't close to being in Valentino's league. Give him 15 more years and maybe debate it then. He is a gifted designer, don't get me wrong. However, I don't think we can be talking about legacy yet, either. There were some beautiful dresses in this collection. The one on Tanya is stunning, the red gown on Morgane, the two black gowns, all worthy of the label. The lingerie looks, well I guess sooner or later it would be done. However, if anyone is really thinking about purchasing any of the lingerie pieces, I'd urge you to donate your money to Habitat for Huminity, or another good cause and seek out a nice local lingerie boutique and get something there instead, which would easily stand up to the quality he presented.

Last edited by a moderator:
Galliano isn't close to being in Valentino's league. Give him 15 more years and maybe debate it then. He is a gifted designer, don't get me wrong. However, I don't think we can be talking about legacy yet, either. There were some beautiful dresses in this collection. The one on Tanya is stunning, the red gown on Morgane, the two black gowns, all worthy of the label. The lingerie looks, well I guess sooner or later it would be done. However, if anyone is really thinking about purchasing any of the lingerie pieces, I'd urge you to donate your money to Habitat for Huminity, or another good cause and seek out a nice local lingerie boutique and get something there instead, whi
ch would easily stand up to the quality he presented.

I HIGHLY DISAGREE, the mans a genius , he has been in the industry long enough and is a force to reckon with. See his full body of work and you will see he is BETTER than valentino , pilati or any of these people IMO

I'm not thrilled and I am not depressed...it looks ok. Some dresses are pure divinity and some are not. It's a lot of revisiting from what he has done already, probably in the spirit of the 60th anniversary or whatever, so it's nothing new really. I don't really need ok though, I need wow...and that happens at only 4 or 5 looks. BUT, look at it on the brightside...there's always Saturday...can't wait to see what he comes up with then!

""UGLY UGLY UGLY""

now galliano is only good for his label and dior couture
dior rtw is turning into disasters
the whole concept about toning the couture down to rtw is so so wrong....this collection is a good example. everything looks repeatedly done, boring and cheap...
and that concept also totally bring downthe exclusivness of dior couture

I was completely bored by the clothings and the presentation even more so now. The models seemed bored and dead...just like the clothings.

It's not that the collection isn't pretty. Of course it's pretty, there are lovelly little bias cut numbers. Why? Cause it's Galliano! Thats why!
But, that's not the point. Dior inspires! It's one of those institutions of Parisian fashion that makes us dream of luxury and excess. It should be more than pretty. Kors is pretty. Herrera is pretty. Dior should be more.

When I knew the Paris collections were coming out I was jittery with excitement for Dior. But, now I'm sadly underwhelmed and depressed. I want a damn spectacle. Maybe Mcqueen or Chanel will deliver.

I loved it.. Th pics are beautiful... i would die to see a Dior show
however i did find it pretty dark for spring...

i love this summer collection ,i love the whole collection ,it is done before but very smooth and for sure a sexy collection ...and not over the top .. very good for the summer.

Wow - this thread began yesterday, and it has been viewed 16,400 times already. :shock:

It's not that the collection isn't pretty. Of course it's pretty, there are lovelly little bias cut numbers. Why? Cause it's Galliano! Thats why!
But, that's not the point. Dior inspires! It's one of those institutions of Parisian fashion that makes us dream of luxury and excess. It should be more than pretty. Kors is pretty. Herrera is pretty. Dior should be more.

When I knew the Paris collections were coming out I was jittery with excitement for Dior. But, now I'm sadly underwhelmed and depressed. I want a damn spectacle. Maybe Mcqueen or Chanel will deliver.
My sentiments exactly.:flower:

Galliano's creativity was what made me LOVE fashion in the first place! It's so heartbreaking to me to see him have to be so dull.:cry:

I was expecting so much more, I'm a little underwhelmed. This conspiciously looks a little too dated.

booooooooooring!!!! how can this be? did galiano design this or was it an impostor??

interesting to know everyones input!

it was a beautiful collection... interesting..but boring for Dior.. Galliano always does something new so I understand the frustration to some

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikiitas
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->