Dolce & Gabbana Mens S/S 2014 Milan

Okay Sicily again...but some pieces are gorgeous! Esp the gold suit, red suit and the printed pieces. Not feeling about the models tho, please bring the D&G hunks back

Good god this sh*t is ugly. It's almost like they're trying to pull a joke on us.

Wow girl, boy or whatever you are that's not something you should mock of and it brings nothing positive to the discussion and I can't see your point.

My actual comment was that Prada had a much more interesting take on using ancient temple ruins as a print idea several years ago, which again reconfirms my belief that they are not especially original or innovative designers.

My other point was very topical; they've been convicted of defrauding the Italian government of millions of euros & have been sentenced to 18 months in prison (where, they have might time to come up with some less repetitive fashion ideas)

Perhaps spare your pity for the multi-millionaire fraudsters & consider the many millions of law-abiding tax paying Italian citizens, who like most of the world right now could use these stolen millions to help regenerate resource-starved vital public services like schools & hospitals. I hope you can see my point now?

Okay, the collection is still like the previous themes, and now i can imagine what's the campaign looks like... err..

The models are the only saving grace in another otherwise predictable collection of theirs. They're very smart to make an effort to stand out with the casting: Now whenever I see that timeless, classical, Roman-Greco face I will instantly associate it with Dolce. Very refreshing to see handsome, sexy and unique men who aren't of the typical model standards: These guys look like they walked right out of a gladiator arena or a Pompeii fresco. I love it and prefer men who look like this any day to the typical model look. It's the only redeeming aspect of a Dolce show for me. The clothes look typically well-made of course, and typically forgettable.

Perhaps spare your pity for the multi-millionaire fraudsters & consider the many millions of law-abiding tax paying Italian citizens, who like most of the world right now could use these stolen millions to help regenerate resource-starved vital public services like schools & hospitals. I hope you can see my point now?

And I agree completely hypnos: I have no sympathy for muti-millionaires who chose to defraud the system. What they did, is a true mockery in the face of every Italian law-abiding individual. Of course they won't do any actual time, but they deserve to be mocked at every turn-- even if it's in bad taste to do so. Arrogance should never be rewarded.

Last edited by a moderator:
Less festive, more tailored!
Great collection!
The white looks are really good!

Sicily again...

princesssnejana.tumblr.com

why do I even bother coming in this thread? Ngl, I'm hoping prison helps them see the light and they'll come back in SS16 sending the men in striped and orange undies :wink:
The only interesting thing in this collection was the naked man running at the beginning of the livestream. lol

Mmmm, ancient temple prints? Prada did them much more interestingly years ago; maybe they'll find some fresh inspiration in jail

:rofl:

Amen

..... so predictable ....
this "italian-folklore-subject-pattern" bores me immense :glare:

Ok, I hate these "Sicily" collections they've put out for the past 50 years, but this is a HUGE step up from last years. Much better.

The prints are ugly. I love the suits, though. Even though the models aren't real models, I find a lot of them to be very handsome and look way better than some of the real runway models. And they are a better looking group than the previous collection of non-models D&G used.

Where are the prison stripes?
LOL :lol:
Regarding the collection I have nothing positive to say. This is basically the same stuff they have produced for the last 5 years. I don't have a problem with them wanting to celebrate their sicilian heritage, but the collection is once again full of clichés and ridiculous outfits that scream "Italy" in the most uninspired and stereotypical way.

I thought it was restrained and a little depressing, the music definitely set that mood. My one problem is the unflattering t-shirts they keep making and putting on the dorkiest looking guys.

Not a fan of this collection whatsoever, but at least the streaker made for an interesting turn of events.

Count me in the "Im tired of the Siciliacitá" bandwagon.

Alas, this collection IS an improvement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yohjiyamamotor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->