Dolce & Gabbana S/S 2015 Milan

So basically, D&G is almost like Pucci and Elie Saab already. They're stuck to the looks that work for them. You already kinda know what to see before opening their threads every season :lol:

Honestly - and for some seasons now - I could write a review without even watching the collection.
How did they get stuck in this rut? Surely high sales can't be the only thing that's stopping them from moving on theme-wise?

Those bejeweled jeans are probably the best thing that has come out of this brand in four years.

^yes, but isn´t it their signature look? it´s like saying that Chanel makes tweed jackets over and over again :Pink:

I actually feel like their strategy is a bit Chanel-esque. Almost like their branding themselves as the italian Chanel. There was a definite shift in their collections years ago.

Nothing exciting anymore but to be honest it's beautiful collection. Detail - oriented which I find it's fantastic.

Ok but like they used to have the sexy heels, the techno music, the supermodels and now we have........ what we've had for about 8 seasons now. Bye, I don't even wake up to see their livestreams anymore. I remember when they used to be innovative, IMO I loved their SS 2009 collection, but now it's a mess.

I like the dolls. I think their design is now on the accessories. I feel it's a bit insulting our intelligence for them to say the reference is Spain in Italy even though this is nothing different than what they've been doing with their Italian inspired collections. Adding very obvious Spanish elements like flamenco and matador's jackets is like throwing an Eiffel Tower print on a shirt and calling it Parisian. And besides...hellooo, vintage Balenciaga, all the flamenco and bullfighting inspirations you can find there.

I always look forward to Dolce and Gabbana, but I'm not sure if it's because you always know what to expect? I love the makeup and hair as always though haha

Everyones comparing their work to the way Chanel sells tweed jackets, but look at what Karl does with the tweed. He's constantly playing with proportions, cuts, styling, etc. With Dolce, its the SAME repetitive romantic italian collection OVER and OVER. Compare last season with this season and you'll see how scarily similar it is.

i think sometimes women just want to look good not have complicated sillhouettes or anything complex.

aq_resizer

style.com

Predictable, boring and repetitive. Of course, there are some beautiful pieces here no doubt, but these guys do very little designing. Same formula every season: let's go to some place in Europe (mostly in Italy), look at it's history and replicate it on a catwalk. It is hard to tell the different seasons apart now. Any time one suffers from insomnia, this is the cure here; watch this show!

I think the only thing that made this colletion interesting, was the earrings.. about the clothes?? same thing

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blacksun
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->