Dolce & Gabbana Mens S/S 2016 Milan

Huh Same cut season after season They can't do anything remotely new after their Sicilian street models The shape cut is typical Dolce&Gabbana The print is fugly

I love the floral prints from this collection and also the geometric ones. I want to have most of them, but not really a fan of Chinese painting prints. Too loud for me, but the rests are amazing!

They throw dragon peacock florals stripes religious icon etc for this season. Very creative for sum up all of past collection...meh!

Some prints are gorgeous, didn't expect that. There is some Dries van Noten in this collection, like that. Pleasantly surprised with this collection.

suppose it's better than last few (that's not saying much)

Asian...meets Sicily. Can't they be inspired by like I dunno Rome or something?
I like the prints but all the clothes that have them look bad and some look like pajamas. That boxy oversized shirt that they do for both men and women really needs to go. The suits with little or no print are the best, only two great looks really. Also, needs a lot of editing, there seem to be way to many looks and they're all so repetitive

I'm not a big fan of heavily print but I think this time their prints are desirable if you torn it down to single piece and pair it down with something neutral. I also like the chinese inspired shirt I thought it was quite brilliant to turn tradition look so modern.

Don't worry, their womenswear will have more Sicilian looks.
I got bored in the middle of this collection but I can see their inspirations- last MET exhibition, Dries van Noten and the new Gucci. Some looks were really inspired by Alessandro Michele's look at MET gala and that look was better. I don't understand their love for potato sacks, but actually they were the only interesting looks here. And I quite like the cast.

^ LOL that's its savage grace. But seriously it's not that bad, I like some of the pieces. but those pajama meets suit pieces totally remind me of what did for the women's S/S 2009 show. It's totally just rehashing of old collections. it's the creative process that's lacking, even though there are very good individual pieces in the collection.

I love it all!!! This to me is what menswear should be, not too safe but still men's wear. I love that they stick to their same cuts instead of dressing people up in unflattering bedsheets. If I were rich I would most definitely be a Dolce guy

The last thing I wanna do is give these guys credit, but that was pretty alright. It started out strong, but by the end it kinda fizzled out. Still, there are some pretty great Japanese prints here. Chic yet casual.

why do they make so many looks..it could easily be a 35 look show. ridiculous

I like the pijama looking suits, the actual pijamas and some of bombers. But the shoes looks dated, Zara and Aldo have been doing those for years now

To be honest, I think if they switched up their sets for the show, I'd like the collections a whole lot more. Anyways, it's repeated, same silhouettes with different prints. It's maybe like .2 times better than previous collections, but that's it. I miss the collections accompanied with the scandalous ads, but I guess that's never coming back.
#BringBackD&G

The last thing I wanna do is give these guys credit, but that was pretty alright. It started out strong, but by the end it kinda fizzled out. Still, there are some pretty great Japanese prints here. Chic yet casual.
They're actually Chinese ^_^:rolleyes:^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yohjiyamamotor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->