• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Each Country's Most "famous" Model

ju juan is definitely the most famous hf model in china.

I think Australia's most famous model is Miranda. Not that many people outside the fashion world know who Gemma is, at least here in Australia.

I think Australia's most famous model is Miranda. Not that many people outside the fashion world know who Gemma is, at least here in Australia.

If her movie is successful, Abbey may become more famous.

Belarus:
Maryna Linchyk
Olga Sherer
Tanya D

I cant pick one :smile:

China- Liu Wen
Japan- Ai Tominaga
Angola- Roberta Narciso
Italy- Mariacarla Boscono
Holland- Doutzen Kroes

I'm sorry but the most famous italian model in Italy is Bianca Balti. I know Mariacarla is more successfull in high fashion but Bianca has Tim commercial who give her lot of exposure and she has been featured in many important italian programs while i've never seen or heard about Mariacarla on tv. Talking about high fashion Mariacarla wins while Bianca is more a commercial girl but outside fashion spot no one care about these things.

I'm sorry but the most famous italian model in Italy is Bianca Balti. I know Mariacarla is more successfull in high fashion but Bianca has Tim commercial who give her lot of exposure and she has been featured in many important italian programs while i've never seen or heard about Mariacarla on tv. Talking about high fashion Mariacarla wins while Bianca is more a commercial girl but outside fashion spot no one care about these things.

I have to agree with you..in Italy the most popular models are Bianca and Eva Riccobono..Mariacarla totally wins in high fashion terms (she works for ALL the "haute" brands), but nobody talks about her.. Eva and Bianca mixed commercial and high fashion (in the past) soooo well imo

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm well I don't know a single thing Eva has done tbh.

In Holland it's definitely Doutzen, but Lara and Ymre are also popular.

Idk if its been mentioned but a lot of people here in PR know about Joan Smalls, obviously but there is one here called ann la place who only models locally and she's pretty established

Hmm well I don't know a single thing Eva has done tbh.

In Holland it's definitely Doutzen, but Lara and Ymre are also popular.

True but since AlbertNoir has to reference Eva in every of his posts its obvious that she would be there

I have to agree with you..in Italy the most popular models are Bianca and Eva Riccobono..Mariacarla totally wins in high fashion terms (she works for ALL the "haute" brands), but nobody talks about her.. Eva and Bianca mixed commercial and high fashion (in the past) soooo well imo

Yeah I had a feeling MCB wouldn't be the most recognized, especially since she is extremely private when it comes to her personal life and she doesn't do much commercial stuff. But I definitely think it's Bianca Balti and Eva Riccobono though Biana is currently more well known, Eva is a few years back.

Well, I think we know who's the most popular model in Brazil, right? Gisele is an icon. Gianne, Carol Fransischini, Fernanda Motta and Fernanda Tavares are also relevant in the brazilian media. Carol Trentini, Raquel, Ana Claudia, Talytha and Jeisa are revered in the fashion scene, but they're not famous.

True but since AlbertNoir has to reference Eva in every of his posts its obvious that she would be there

Calm down: I was talking about fame, popularity in their country of origin not in general and I can assure you that in Italy Eva is even more known than Bianca thanks to her tv appearances, interviews, movies etc..I'm not talking about fashion relevance, but only about their popularity in Italy! Almost Everybody knows Bianca and Eva, but if you ask them about Mariacarla..who?? This is Italy!!! Mariacarla is an international icon, but only in the fashion scene imo.
A prove that in Italy and maybe in general fashion relevance isn't mixed with "fame"..and about Eva I specified that FORMERLY she balanced commercial with fashion..don't understand your sarcasm honestly.

Well, I think we know who's the most popular model in Brazil, right? Gisele is an icon. Gianne, Carol Fransischini, Fernanda Motta and Fernanda Tavares are also relevant in the brazilian media. Carol Trentini, Raquel, Ana Claudia, Talytha and Jeisa are revered in the fashion scene, but they're not famous.

Is Gisele more famous in Brazil than Adriana & Alessandra? I thought it was the other way around. At least here and I think maybe worldwide Adri & Ale are more famous?

^Most certainly. Everyone knows who is Gisele.
Most of the Brazilian Angels are pretty well-known as well, Alessandra being the most popular of them. Adriana is also well-known, Izabel not really that much.

Gisele is definitely the most famous, Maxim. to be honest, I don't even know how to react to that question.

Don't think I've seen Korea mentioned yet, anyone from SK who can give some insight?
I think Han Jin and Hye Park are pretty popular there... as well as internationally.
Hyoni Kang seems fairly well-known too...

Miranda's definitely Australia's most famous model at the moment, in Australia and internationally. Abbey is really popular amongst teenagers and young adults, as well as Bambi.

actually I don't think people in east asia care about high fashion models that much...unless she's host/singer/actor/model etc

Gisele is definitely the most famous, Maxim. to be honest, I don't even know how to react to that question.

Even in Taiwan? Adriana and Alessandra are definitely more famous in the UK over Gisele. Maybe it's because they're still doing VS shows and in the news more. Most of my friends know them but only a few recognize Gisele.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Asparouk
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->