Good Runway Music?

Jiscilla

Reaction score
Hey everyone...I posted this under another section...but I didn't know where it belong...so if someone needs to delete this, I understand.

But I'm looking for HELP! And this seemed like a great place where I could get it.

I'm a senior fashion design major at Marist College in NY and I'm really looking for help picking out runway music for my Final collection. Music needs to be in by Friday January 30th...and I've been searching all over for the past month or so with no luck. Thousands of people are gonna be at the show including designers from all over, including my personal design critic (Leon Ong - designer for Ralph Lauren). He had a whole meeting with me at the RL headquaters, and I'm really looking to impress him with a well put together collection.

I am totally willing to take any and all suggestions you guys have.

To give you a lil' info bout my collection...it's inspiration is based on "Heaven." It almost has a little bit of a Victoria's Secret feel with a lot of the transparent/sheer fabrics I'm using. I'm using Double-face Silk Satin, Italian Organza, and Chiffon. Everything is in an off-white, with feathers used in each piece.

Now, I really like stuff that is upbeat even though my collection is a little bit delicate. I really love Buddha Bar's music but sometimes it seems to be a lil' bit to eastern. My friend really wants me to use Belinda Carlisle's "Heaven on Earth" ...you know...the song that goes, "ooh heaven, there's a place on earth"...but I think I'd want some sort of mix to it. I don't know, I'm just really confused and need some major help here!

...any suggestions?

Baby love-Diana Ross,Crazy in love-Beyonce,Reach out-Gloria Gaynor

'Baby Love' is a safe choice because like most motown it has a pretty simple beat which is good for strutting to (and dancing as well)...

I maintain that weebl's Bonjour Monsieur would be fantastic for the right kind of catwalk...

If you want a happy upbeat feel to your show, I would go with Kaori's Good Life. Also, try out some classical music with a house beat to give it that extra something.

One way of finding music that shares your theme would be to go to your computer's media player and look up songs with the words angel, heaven, baby, love, etc. :flower:

Or you could just have Ride Of The Valkyries in it's unadultered form...or try Giovanni's Aria for the finale...

Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Jan 25th, 2004 - 12:23 pm
Or you could just have Ride Of The Valkyries in it's unadultered form...or try Giovanni's Aria for the finale...
Hehe...I want to do that one day...or use Winnie the Pooh songs... :lol:

Actually, I personally love the use of foreign music for fashion shows. Indian pop, for example, has a really upbeat and danceable sound to it... :P

Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Jan 25th, 2004 - 11:26 am
Actually, I personally love the use of foreign music for fashion shows.
I agree!!

I'm going to be using some Ayumi Hamasaki remixes for my shows (but don't tell anyone ;D)

Originally posted by strawberry daiquiri@Jan 25th, 2004 - 11:27 am
Elle once included a compilation of suggested runway music, I must recover it so
There's also a collection of CDs that are runway music. I forgot what they were called though. I think they're compilations of the best music from the runways during certain years/seasons.

DIAMONDS are FOREVER by shirley bassey :heart:

there is an upbeat version of it . maybe in her james bond collection. i dont remember wher i have mine :unsure:

I also think the music from Moulin Rouge is fantastic for runway shows. My sister used the Indian/Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend song from the movie's play for her grade nine fashion show. It worked really well! B)

Originally posted by leyla m.@Jan 25th, 2004 - 12:30 pm
there is an upbeat version of it . maybe in her james bond collection. i dont remember wher i have mine :unsure:
Ooh, James Bond would be fun to use too! :innocent:

ohmygod...you guys are so great....I knew I could count on you guys for suggestions....and I agree with the foreign music thing....I really like Buddha Bar's stuff....and anything with a really great beat to walk to, I like the feeling of the bass when you're at a runway show...it's the coolest feeling! I love hip-hop and rock to the runways shows as well...I just can't think of anything that fits

I'm definitely looking these all up on Kazaa right now...hopefully I can find them all

Originally posted by strawberry daiquiri@Jan 25th, 2004 - 11:43 am
Another one would be Hole's 'Celebrity Skin' :woot:
That's been done way too many times...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mihxxen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->