Italy Shopping

woofwoof123 said:
Am moving to Italy in a few days! I would love suggestions for shops all over, but mostly milan, florence, and bologna.. .

Anyone else living in Italy now? please drop me a note..

milan is by far the best place for shopping in italy

bologna is soso for shopping, depends on your budget i guess. if you're mid-range like me then you can hit the zara, mango, miss sixty or diesel stores and thats it. of course theres all the designers - theres a prada, dolce gabana, armani in every dumphole in italy. :lol: its a lovely city though, enjoy it for its other attributes :smile:

JamieCD said:
Well if you have time.. please go to Montewarchi & rignano .. ya will spend loads of €€€ for shopping for prada,gucci,Alex McQueen YSl ect:-P

where about is it??

also, has anyone been to the MALL outside Florence??
the sell tons of designer stuff including Balenciaga and Stella McCartney, which is really what I am after.
also, anyone knows if those 2 have outlets in the UK???

thanks

cric-croc said:
where about is it??

the sell tons of designer stuff including Balenciaga and Stella McCartney, which is really what I am after.

thanks

I went to Florence last October and went to the Mall. I was very excited but ended up buying only one pair of shoes at Balenciaga. The prices are good (at least 50% off) but the choice isn't.... There is often only one size per item.

Prada also has an outlet store, at about 30 km of the mall.

How's the vintage scene in Italy? Are there any great vintage shops? Is vintage popular?

I'm going to Rome next week - any not-to-be-missed shopping? I'm planning on hitting Prada and Gucci. We'll be staying by the Spanish Steps. I know LVR is somewhere in Rome, anyone been?

^ You are staying very close to all the nice shops!

cric-croc said:
where about is it??

thanks

actually in the mall boock a flight there .. but if ya buy in the summer the price is pretty low but the beautiful stuffs are gone.

Alex McQueen & Stella McCartney are in a shop and Balenciaga is the other one...

take care

I am going to Venice in July; I know it is very expensive, but I wonder if anyone has any suggestions?

Thank you :smile:

.:sprigged:. said:
I am going to Venice in July; I know it is very expensive, but I wonder if anyone has any suggestions?

Thank you :smile:
Tell us what ya wann do we can help ya ... ya like shoppign clubbing haning out wit trendy ppl ect

Is there a Miu Miu boutique in Venice? :smile:

I heard that the prices in Venice are much higher than in other parts of Italy.
So does that mean the Prada shoes in Rome cost 500€ and in Venice they cost 800€?
I hope not.

OnHighHeels said:
Is there a Miu Miu boutique in Venice? :smile:

I heard that the prices in Venice are much higher than in other parts of Italy.
So does that mean the Prada shoes in Rome cost 500€ and in Venice they cost 800€?
I hope not.

nothern italy is pretty expensive.. but the desigenr stuffs have same price evrywhere actually.. on sale they are different!

Hello..

so I'm headed to Amalfi and Capri in June..and I was wondering if you all could reccommend shopping / nightlife. I am 21, and I'm interested in lines which are hard to find in the states (e.g. Antonio Berardi) and random independent boutiques (for example, a good shoe maker or leather goods store) in particular. I am used to always going to France where I speak fluent French but I speak No Italian..so I'll really need some help on where my sister (18) and I..two stylish, very un-American girls might head at night (preferably somewhere away from throngs of cruise ship tourists)..

TIA!

I dotn think thats any special for shopping in the southern part. Lazio(Roma) and Toscana are perfect for shopping.

You can book soem cheap flight for shopping.. we do have thread where all outlets are posted so just check it out .. else just ask againwhat ya are really into..

We are here to help.

Btw Capri is like a paradise.. ya should love to be there. nitelife is not gr8 as milano/Venice or Roma!

i'll be staying in rome for 3 days. is there an emilio pucci boutique or shop around the hilton cavalieri?

There is a shop
via Borgognona 31
+39 06 67 84058
enjoy roma!!!

JamieCD you sound like the guy to ask..

I'm probably going on a countryside vacation to Abruzzo this summer and I know that there is some SPACE outlets in Ancona and near Ancona (Montegranaro).. I've been to the one in Montevarchi that everybody talks about...but do you know if the selection similar in the Ancona ones? Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
The one in Montevarchi is the biggest one actually!! cauz it is near the head quarter. The other places are just overstocked from the region.. but just check it out if you can find any cool stuffs ya like.

But there are also loewe, emilo ect in Toscana.. its worth a trip you know what i mean

Here are some several prada outlet think ya knew them all:-P

Via A.Meucci Localita Scopicci
50031 beberino del mugello(FI)

Via Variante Aurelia 96
19038 Sarzana(SP)

Via Alpi 97
63014 Montegranaro(AP)

GENNY - PRADA
Abbigliamento
Via Luigi Albertini 12 - Zona Baraccola
Ancona - Tel. 071.877264

SS35 bis dei giovi