Lanvin F/W 2012.13 Paris

this was kinda confusing for me :huh:

i totally loved the colors and minimalism of the first looks,
then i didn't like the black part, some dresses looked really amateurish (e.g. Karlie's, Daga's, Olga's, Alana's),
then from Josephine's look it got much better.. great details and textures,
and then from Aymeline's already infamous dress it was just a mess.. the fur, prints, lace, colors, everything just looked wrong together!
but i liked the final dress!!

so basically i have no idea what to think about the collection overall!:doh:

Last edited by a moderator:
It started off good and clean but got kind of messy towards the end

It start off clean and nice for me, but then as it progressed I loved it more and more ^_^ I love how tacky it gets with the multicolor fur coats and all the gems and prints. So much better than what he's been doing as of late.

how can anyone hate this....here is to another happy 10 years!! great collection!

Seriously ^^ this collection is amazing! and fun, I love it (even the ending tho I definitely love the beginning and middle parts the most.)

Loved the first seccion,all the colorful dresses,and the the pieces with fur aswell
Posted via Mobile Device

The beginning is good, the middle is great, but unfortunately the end falls short for me. It's just a bit too tacky; though it does seem very Lanvin. :ninja: Thanks for the HQs Fashion_Girl22! :flower:

Alber singing is the best part of the show. So cute. Too bad the same can't be said about the collection. Can't believe this is the collection he presents for his 10th anniversary.

The beginning is good, intriguing, sets the scene; the middle is great, a black, sleek epiphany; the ending is all falling action, an utter disintegration of the narrative into chaos. That's kind of cool in a way. I like a little loss of control! :D

This is absolutely awful. THE worst Lanvin collection I've ever seen from him. Alber lost his oomph after Fall 2010, imo. His last four collections have gotten progressively worse & worse. The way these dresses hit the body is just not flattering to any woman, not even the models. Not to mention how cheap some of the fabric looks. I really cannot deal with the first 8 "outfits". They look like they should be jammed in a crayon box, never to be opened again. This is all so bad. Ugh, he used to be one of my favorite designers!!!

Yes it looks like she was sprayed with a load of squirty cream, the stuff that comes in aerosol cans.

The collection is looking like a curate's egg. It has a mid-section that contains perhaps toward Elbas's best work. There's an all black leather look that's hot and very right. But the closing stages are looking painfully wrong.

That's the thing with Alber - undoubtedly a wonderful dress-maker, a top technician - but he has an inconsistency, a tendancy to throw in some real howlers and which makes you question - just how cool is his eye, really?

I pretty much agree with what you've said here ... the black embossed leather looks are very, very strong. The initial looks are quite unflattering and too covered up ... seemingly the antithesis of what Lanvin is about. It's got a fashiony quality that he normally avoids, plus it looks like someone's bedazzling stash exploded on the runway. The last section ... the styling is quite bad at a minimum. I want to rip the necklaces and belts off and see what the dresses really look like without all that crap layered on top.

He's always liked that soupçon of tackiness ... this is a bit more than that of course :innocent:

I too find this disappointing for his 10th anniversary ... his average collection is stronger, it seems to me.

lovely collection can't wait to see close-ups/details :wub: Alber is pure love:heart:

I really like the leather pieces that were embossed like knits. I wish there were more in the collection

Very hit or miss. More misses than hits, really. I do love most of the black dresses. They're playful and fun (and beautiful) without being as overly tacky as all the hideous and gaudy stuff towards the end. The beginning with the one-colored dresses is ok but I feel like I've seen those exact same dresses in several of Alber's collections before. Definitely not his best work.

It seems like a collage of his highlights at Lanvin, not surprising for an anniversary collection.. for me his strongest phase ever was right around the beginning, when he was exploring pleats and fringes in dark colors, and this dress (the best look of the collection for me) seems like an ode to those days :heart::

4jm1lf.jpg

[stylebistro]

Too bad it's only one dress and the rest of the show continues to move back and forth along the years in a way that makes you dizzy and does seem out of control.. because I don't think it really is, for me it's been deliberately composed to be like this and the accessories are almost a souvenir of this hectic celebration, which somehow feels like a farewell.. but it's probably just what retrospectives inevitably emit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IIIIII
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->