Lanvin F/W 2012.13 Paris

Hmmm...I'm over Lanvin womenswear. This is the same thing we've been seeing for 4 years now. It's tired and doesn't look even remotely interesting, even. It's as if he doesn't even put any thought into the collections anymore and it's all reflex.

Lanvin Homme still is wonderful...there's always a heavy element of street to those collections that prevent the clothes from ever looking too bourgeoisie or self indulgent. Lanvin womenswear no longer has that street.

Yeah, there's some truth to that indeed.

Maybe it didn't live to my expectations because of all the anniversary buzz going on, I just find it all tired as well, lacking the lightness and freshness. Even if he wanted to sum up his tenure at the house, there were many better ways to do it.

And what's going on with some of the outfits from the closing part? Looks like the anniversaire became too joyeux at some point.

Obviously it is amazingly tailored and finished, I gotta give credit where it is due. But some of the shapes and colors look so dated, especially the first pieces. And not to even mention, the first looks wouldn`t be very flattering on most of the people. But some of the coctail dresses were gorgeoous, escpecially black ones.

Started off as mid 1980s rich b*tch then turned into mid 1980s hooker.

Such a "spongey" collection will all that neoprene/double faced jersey, jacquard and duchess. LOVE Daria's closing look, and wish there were more of the dilapidated grosgrain mille-feuille textures. Fascinated by the leather look fabric (treated jacquard? laminated or rubberised cotton damask, or even a treated cable knit?) and such a fabulous eye for colour. Wouldn't say this is one of Alber's best, but damn this still has a splendacious energy to it.

Thank you always @Maayan for your gifts of HQ fashion that you give us 🥰

this still has a splendacious energy to it.
Absolutely! it's all so... ✨🦢✨🎷✨🦪✨💎✨

I said it a few pages back but because it's only been a hundred years and the link has expired.. this dress...
lanvin.jpg
[maayan's archives]

.. and seeing it in HQ.. 🖤🖤.. someone please find it.. l don't know how many navy w/ black dresses I will accumulate in my lifetime but 11 years later, I still need it.

794913f57efe243023fc6235c256.webp
7a732496a22899fc0988e76007c7.webp

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IIIIII
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->