• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Photography Tips

^its right what MissMagAddict says its important learn how to see, see the picture... you wont find that on any book but in your own personal experience... & you can have the most expensive camera, lens whatever but if you cannot see the picture is not gonna work...
i did started with not the best equipment... & I was like complaining I couldnt make it that well as others... then a friend told me something very wise: "you have THIS... get the most of it..." And some of my pictures have been chose before other that have been taken with more complete equipments...

You need to start to know some basis cause photography is light... its playing with the light... what we see is light... so once you start learning about luminosity of the lenses, white balance, speed,... i mean you can get that info really easy and believe me how much more you learn its getting out there and practice... work your a** off in what you want... then you can get lots of good captures...
One of my biggest inspiration has been my dad cause our favourite photographer is (rest in peace) the greatest Henry Cartier-Bresson and his idea of catch that moment!

"The simultaneous recognition, in a fraction of a second, of the significance of an event as well as the precise organization of forms which gives that event its proper expression... . In photography, the smallest thing can be a great subject. The little human detail can become a leitmotif." — Henri Cartier-Bresson

I hope this encourage you a bit more :D

I was wondering if you guys think its necessary to have a reflex or can you still take good pictures with a bridge? (ok that question sounds very simple and the obvious answer will be as long as you take good and like the picture a bridge will be fine but i looking for a deeper answer ^_^)

also whats a good free programto retouch pictures?
And finally, if i post pictures here does anyone think they can help me find the right settings and photoshop steps? :smile:

karma to anyone that can help! :flower:

^Well I can help you on the free retouch part of your question:

Paint.net, Gimp, and Photoscape are all excellent programs to edit photos. I use all of them still, even though I recently got photoshop.

And it doesn't hurt to try posting pics. You might get some good feedback. :wink:

:D okk ill download those

here i go: i wanted to know how to get polaroid effect, and this pictures light effect Also how to catch diffracted light...?
it just annoyes me sometimes with new camaras, that you get so clear images, like i tried taking this place with a special lighting i saw my camara caught then all of a sudden on the picture i took there was nothing it lost its charm... :(

pic: style.com

Attachments

• zmf39e.jpg
    zmf39e.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 5
:D okk ill download those

here i go: i wanted to know how to get polaroid effect, and this pictures light effect Also how to catch diffracted light...?
it just annoyes me sometimes with new camaras, that you get so clear images, like i tried taking this place with a special lighting i saw my camara caught then all of a sudden on the picture i took there was nothing it lost its charm... :(

pic: style.com

In regards to the lighting on this picture, it is easy to see that the light is directly behind the subjects head. That creates the halo effect. The rest of the inquiries are things that come with a mix of lots of practice and reading your camera's manual while playing around with aperture, shutter speeds etc.

The best advice I can give is to just take photos. Play with your camera's settings. Experiment with harsh angles and harsh lighting. Some of it might work. Try not to copy others because you'll just get frustrated when you can't achieve a similar look.

As others have said, most editorial images - in fact most fashion images - are touched up. Almost to the point where the original would be unrecognisable (and sometimes not even very good.)

Even though it might not be the best idea to copy photographs you like you should certainly draw inspiration from them. If you find yourself liking all the shots of models with big hair then get a model with big hair. If you were bowled over by an image of a gentleman in a suit in the woods then maybe think about photographing something that seems out of place - medieval dress in the city?

When I first started getting into photography I used modelmayhem.com. It's a directory of models/photographers/stylists/make up artists etc. I found a few models though it, in my area, who were willing to work TFCD (time for CD). This basically means that you shoot them and give them a CD of images as payment. So essentially you are getting a model to work for free so you can both build your portfolios.

A big part of fashion/editorial photography is the technical side. To get to know photoshop/gimp etc. Google 'tutorials.' You should be able to find loads of tips, tricks and how to guides that will take you through the photo editing process. Through these tutorials I taught myself PS.

Hope that helps! I'm always happy to chat about photography!

Is this some effect you can get with your camera or is it retouched? I like the softness of the edges and the blurred background.

tumblr_llwd2fFBRZ1qez9rfo1_500.jpg

petite-lapine.tumblr.com

Is this some effect you can get with your camera or is it retouched? I like the softness of the edges and the blurred background.

The blurred background you can absolutely do with the camera if you have some level of manual control. If you set a wide aperture (as low a number as you can get, really), the camera will automatically throw the background out of focus. It helps to have your focal image a little distance away from the background.

[FONT=&quot]i have purchased a acetate slide plate negative. It’s a press only item of a band I like. I want to make a huge print of the image.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Does anyone have any advice for me?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Should I just drop it off at a photo place and ask them to do it? or does it require more specialized equipment? [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
discrepancyofficial
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->