• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Using Photoshop for fashion illustrations - Tips & Advice

Ceptuouse

Reaction score
i wanted this thread to help the people who are new/learning with photoshop..!

some of the people here are great with photoshop as i have seen from the great fashion illustrations posted..:woot:

so...just post any tips etc./ to help with fashion illustrations :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
some questions, on photoshop can you get rid of the pressure so you have full black/ lines?

and what could you do with a black lined drawing like this one below in photoshop for effects?

Balenciaga2.png

JR1 said:
on photoshop can you get rid of the pressure so you have full black/ lines?

What do you mean by pressure?

And as far as effects, do you mean painting or textures? Show some examples and I might be able to tell you how it's done.

fourboltmain said:
What do you mean by pressure?

And as far as effects, do you mean painting or textures? Show some examples and I might be able to tell you how it's done.

wow, i love what you've done, its great - how did you do it :woot:

and below is a picture of what i mean about the pressure, the top line was done in photoshop and i have to use other programmes to get the line i want on the bottom,...

So you're using a tablet? What version of Photoshop are you using?

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, I have CS, so my Brushes palette is under Windows > Brushes. The hot key is F5. From there I can go to Brush Presets or Brush Tip Size and what you want is Shape Dynamics, also mess with Other Dynamics. Let me know if this works out for you.

Here is a picture, but this is Photoshop CS. What you want to look for is in the yellow. You also have to select the brush tool to access the palette.

wow, thanks so much :buzz: karma for you!! how did you colour the jackets?

So you got it all working and all? As far as the jackets, that will have to be a whole tutorial I'll have to write sometime. It's pretty in depth. But I'll eventually get around to it.

Slap it all together, multiply the hell out of everything. Where it says "London", find some old sign and greyscale it. Then adjust brightness and contrast and then find the "define brush" command. Then use it as a stamp. Think crazy.

Many ways. Try Image > Adjustments > Levels first. You'll see a little slider thing come up. Slide the white triangle to the left for a brighter tone. If you start losing color, mess around with the grey one in the middle.

okay, so now that i've found this..i have a question.
I want to make fun little collages for the express youself, don't repress yourself thread...and I'm not interested in making layers(?) or see through things or the high tech stuff just yet, but I still want to be able to make quasi simple ones.
I'm not even sure which photo shop version I have, but all I know how to do collage wise is open the picture I want to use, and with the little lasso icon, I can cut out the shape that I want. thats it:lol:
From there, how do I move it around, paste it on another document in its' full size, put it over in the corner or keep it in the middle.
The only a little more complicated thing i;d like to be able to know how to do is cut off edges. Instead of having a collage with squares layered over squares, I;d like to make the sides round and more defined, so I'm not covering so much up with random excessive edges.

This may take forever to respond to, it seems so complicated, but whenever anyone gets back is great!

I'll get to it. I've been painting and drinking today...

The first thing I want you to do is to go to the Help menu. From there go to About Photoshop. It will say what version you have.

Bump to Yogin's question :smile: I am an absolute novice to Photoshop (just got the software a day ago) and wanted to make a collage. I scanned each of my drawings, and on each individual one I used the "background eraser 30 pixles" (which I found on the drop down menu for paintbrush options) to make everything clear around the images. Then I arranged them onto a new document. I toatlly did this by trial and error though and I assume there may be an easier way? I appreciate any help!!

here's waht I did, it's my Charles Anastase inspired sewing girl thing...

homecopy.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chelseaboys
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->