• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Using Photoshop for fashion illustrations - Tips & Advice

JR1 - other than Image > Adjust > Brightness/Contrast, I also use Image > Adjust > Curves.

I actually prefer that method, because it gives you more options to experiment :wink:

I have a question. Where is a good place to get Photoshop cheap??? Also what exactly does Photoshop Illustrator do??

Im going to be taking a class soon, and I need to have Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.

Thanks in advance for any help.

You can check local book store or dealer sometime you can get discount
on the software but if you are taking it in school you can also try the IT
service, most of university or college offers education version of the
software if it is part of the requirement.

Photoshop creates pixel file, it is mainly use to fix or manipulate the photos,
it is also capable to create some photorealistic image from scratch. The file is
extremely large, and if the resolution is not high enough, the image will
became pixilated

unlike photoshop, illustrator creates vector files, images create in this
program will not lost its resolution no matters how big you expand it. I think
the names of these programs are pretty straight forward, illustrator is mainly
used to generate graphic and if you have these two program you’ll find they
work like charms, there is no hassle between importing and exporting, you simply
just need to drag over the image from one to another.

For example if you are doing fashion design, you can draw your sketch in Illustrator
than find the pictures with desire fabric than do the colour change in photoshop and
past it on your design.

Cypresses said:
You can check local book store or dealer sometime you can get discount
on the software but if you are taking it in school you can also try the IT
service, most of university or college offers education version of the
software if it is part of the requirement.

Photoshop creates pixel file, it is mainly use to fix or manipulate the photos,
it is also capable to create some photorealistic image from scratch. The file is
extremely large, and if the resolution is not high enough, the image will
became pixilated

unlike photoshop, illustrator creates vector files, images create in this
program will not lost its resolution no matters how big you expand it. I think
the names of these programs are pretty straight forward, illustrator is mainly
used to generate graphic and if you have these two program you’ll find they
work like charms, there is no hassle between importing and exporting, you simply
just need to drag over the image from one to another.

For example if you are doing fashion design, you can draw your sketch in Illustrator
than find the pictures with desire fabric than do the colour change in photoshop and
past it on your design.

Thank you. That helps!!:flower:

i dont like to use airbrush to smooth out skin..it's hard to control the brush and will just make the skin look ultra fake

it's easier to just give the person a "skin renewal"
just use regular brush and brush over a layer of skin color that matches the person's skin
(do this in a seperate layer than the picture layer)
than go the "skin" layer and change the layer qualilty (i think) the drop down menu at the top and choose either 'overlay' or 'softlight'

if you do it right..you should see that the skin is smoother than before..and should have a little glow to it

just sharing =)

I can't wait to actually pick up the software and start playing around with before my class starts in three weeks.

^that's good =)
look up for simple tutorials..they are so much fun

I have a question!

Does anyone know how I make a picture become Sepia?

There are two ways.

Quick and easy way: Go to Image > Adjustments > Hue/Saturation, and then click on the Colorize button. Then you slide the Hue slider around to the color you want, use the Saturation slider to get the intensity of the color.

Better way for printing: Go to Image > Mode > Greyscale. When it says 'Discard Color Informaton?' click Yes. Then go back to Image > Mode > Duotone. On 'Ink 1' leave that as black and on 'Ink 2' click on the color box and pick from the list of Pantone PMS swatches.

:flower:

Could someone please help me.... i'm sick of my job and i'm going to start applying for assistant designer positions.... but there is one major problem, they all ask for either photoshop or illustrator knowledge.....which i don't have..when i studied fashion, i was taught some other expensive program which nobody even uses in the industry :angry:....where can i find photoshop/illustrator tutorials specifically for fashion illustrations? And if i know one program, does it make it easy to learn the other?? or which would be the best to learn? Where/how did you guys learn? I'm hopeless....i still use bloody mspaint!:wacko:

PLEASE HELP, this is the one thing that has been stopping me from getting my dream job :cry:. I've tried learning myself.....but i honestly don't know where to start....what's needed in the industry..do you start from scratch....?? do you use croquis...?? or do you scan in a hand sketch?? i get a panic attack just reading through this thread...:shock:

A gazillion thank yous in advance.....:flower:

...Is there any place where I can download an image-editing program for free? I tried gimp.org but there are a bunch of requirements in order to install it properly--it's very confusing.:huh:

What Is Slicing an Image and How Do I Do This?

I don't have Photoshop, but I've got Fireworks 2004. My 3rd web consultant told me I need to "slice" the jpg photo montages on the main pages (my 2nd web consultant designed) on my website because the Search Engines can't pick up the "content" of written material.

She promises to tell me how to do it, but never gets around tuit. I really want to change out the stale photos and put new ones in--think I've got that down fairly well--but she says it's important that I to slice the montages.

I have no clue. Can anyone explain what this is and how to do it? I'd really appreciate the advice, in layman (idiot!) terms.
Many thanks,
Amy
Unfortunately not allowed to post web address so you can see what I'm talking about...:censored:

^I think slicing an image just means cutting it up into sections, so that when they load, they load smaller files instead of one big image file. It's for quickening the downloading process

gius said:
^I think slicing an image just means cutting it up into sections, so that when they load, they load smaller files instead of one big image file. It's for quickening the downloading process

Hi, Gius:
That's my goal--get rid of the multi-photo montage as one gigantic jpg, but keep the attractive look of the pics grouped and overlapping at the same time--now I just have to find out how to do it. :woot:

Sorry I misunderstood :blush: You could try putting a grid over top of the image. I think that is what I did when I was using Photoshop... or I must have used Adobe Image Ready, which has the slicing function already built in. I think it also allows your mouse to do a 'snap-on' thing, so your mouse will move in sections than smoothly over an image. If your mouse were to go smoothly, you might miss a millimetre or something like that.
I downloaded a free program just now, Photoplus 6, and it has an image slicing function too. Just another option

Amy Louise said:
Hi, Gius:
That's my goal--get rid of the multi-photo montage as one gigantic jpg, but keep the attractive look of the pics grouped and overlapping at the same time--now I just have to find out how to do it. :woot:

in photoshop, slice tool is in the tool box which normally on the left, it's the pen-knief looking thing at first group of the tool, third on the right.i would suggest you but a guide over the image that you are going to slice first and turn on the snap-to-guid function in the drop down list in "window" locates on the top tool bar.

than you pretty much just drag out the area you are going
to divides with the slice tool, but there are different option
based on what your web designer did (is there any layers, or just icon on top of a image, is all the image seperated or photoshop as one) and what program was the website originally made with? You will decide usind user slice or layer
slice.

just an advice, photoshop is not ideal for this job since you
already have the website made, maybe you wanna try
Dreamweaver?

I just finished watching Phantom of the Opera and I got inspired.

phantom.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chelseaboys
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->