Rihanna Launches 'Fenty' with LVMH *Update February 2021* Now Closing the Luxury Brand

maybe FENTY HAUTE COUTURE in the future?
LOL...AMERICAN CELEB SLAPPING ON glorious FRENCH PEOPLE'S FACES
She's barbadian.

I had to smile whe she talked about her acting career :
I’ll probably try a little more, but not until I know I can handle a lead and carry a movie on my own, because I’ve been offered [...] I’m always like, “Guys, thank you for trusting me, but Angelina Jolie is over there.”
If she has that attitude when it comes to her acting, she must be really confident about her ability to build and run her luxury brand. I'm very curious to see how she will handle things.

What I see in that short video doesn't look riche or original.
It's tiresome.
Makes me wonder, whatever happened to Ivy Park Athleisure.
lvmh is capitalizing on her name and nothing more.

Makes me wonder, whatever happened to Ivy Park Athleisure.

It is getting relaunched with Adidas. Allegedly ties were cut with Topshop because of the accusations against Philip Green.

I can already see all the influencers on Instagram hyping and praising and go crazy for the Fenty label...

No matter how good or bad the design turns out, thinking about all the overhype it's about to receive makes me cringe.

Worse than I could imagine:
GP86yKTa_o.jpg
pzj0vhNN_o.jpg
MtKCGSKr_o.jpg

sourced from slideshow on Vogue.com

A friend of mine went to the Pop-Up yesterday in Paris and while she loved the sunglasses, accessories and jewelry, she had concerns on how stiff the whole thing was.
The collection is not bad. It’s quite honest and coherent with Miss Fenty. Those are good basics with a twist.

Too much Japanese denim for my taste and I don’t necessarly thing that it’s great with this kind of over exaggerated shapes. I’m disappointed by the pants...Not flattering at all.

That being said, it’s a good and decent debut. I’m more curious about the direction of the FW.

the denim jacket reminds me of some Nicolas-Balenciaga shapes, but Fenty is the really oversized version. The pants unfortunately are very unflattering as Lola said, they look like elementary school teacher or principal's pants. Maybe she is going with the baggy and wide trend that has been continued by Virgil and dare I say even Demna.

Umm... There are a LOT of good, very wearable pieces, I think! Not loving the styling but on their own, yesss

Some good pieces...not a fan of the piece she was wearing but after watching the Alexander Macqueen documentary on netflix and how hard he worked to become Alexander Macqueen I am wondering if LVHM are just trying to make quick profit on the back of Rihanna’s name. Is this sustainable long term....will see...

Well they definitely look like clothes that she would wear but they're also absolutely nothing to write home about. It's all pretty generic.

Now I'm interested to see if people actually buy it.

God this is so cringey. It's legit the love child of Y/Project and Jacquemus. The videos of Simon and her talking were SO awkward and uncomfortable, but snaps to him for bringing up that the venue was the same as his first show. It's telling how she "had no idea," while also exposing her blatant vapidness. Felt bad for him, he has to know...

Will Stella McCartney be thinking "I've seen this stuff somewhere..."?
(Corseted blazers, rounded sleeves, roomy trousers and so on).

This was just meant to happen, the end of a process started a long while ago where fashion and celebrity (sub-)culture are overlapping and the big luxury conglomerates are just eventually cashing in.

I don't blame Rihanna, she's a child of her own time and skillfully taking advantage of it. I'd rather have something to say against the cynicism of the people at LVMH, who developed this brand in three seconds while still, to name one, taking time to help Ghesquiere build his namesake brand...

I don't blame Rihanna, she's a child of her own time and skillfully taking advantage of it. I'd rather have something to say against the cynicism of the people at LVMH, who developed this brand in three seconds while still, to name one, taking time to help Ghesquiere build his namesake brand...

We can’t really compare the two. This is more a business venture first than a design project.
LVMH basically test a new approach in production and retail with this brand. It’s different to invest for Nicolas than for Rihanna as the base of the business is build from Beauty.
Even if the term « luxury » is used to define Fenty, this is clearly a contemporary brand. The see now buy now approach to it is something that LVMH can’t necessarly do with Nicolas.
The biggest investment here might be in Marketing as in terms of Production, we don’t really anything technically difficult.

And remember, Nicolas was chosen by Delphine for his talent. He adds creative value and money to the biggest cash cow of the group.
His time will come...Maybe near the end of his contract. It could be a 50/50 affair like this one and Stella. I hope his part of Balenciaga made him earn a lot of money when he left..

The biggest investment here might be in Marketing as in terms of Production, we don’t really anything technically difficult.
I agree with you, it seems to me that this is a 100% marketing stunt, it is obvious there is no real design contribution in the project.
That said, how long have we been hearing about the Ghesquiere brand? The almighty LVMH should have taken less time than this to get the thing going.

I agree with you, it seems to me that this is a 100% marketing stunt, it is obvious there is no real design contribution in the project.
That said, how long have we been hearing about the Ghesquiere brand? The almighty LVMH should have taken less time than this to get the thing going.
Come on, there’s still a design contribution and even a vision:lol:. It’s about Rihanna, her being a style icon and the idea of being Snatched and to talk to a generation. She is not a designer so there’s no real expectations...Just like Victoria Beckham and Kanye West. It’s a clever product but obviously, neither LVMH or Riri are presenting this like it’s a design revolution.

The narrative is about Rihanna the businesswoman, creative director or muse. She is not presented as a designer.

About Nicolas...
LVMH wanted a designer who was solely dedicated to one brand. Nicolas has always manifested his desire to create his own brand but it’s a huge investment and even if he made a lot of money when he left Balenciaga, I think it could have been difficult for him to setup everything as he had a fallout with Kering.

It is said that he negotiated everything for a potential fashion house when he renewed his contract. It was important for him to please his bosses and to prove the commercial viability of his ideas. RTW has been quite strong at Vuitton in the past 5 years and the bags are still doing good (and from what i’ve been told, it’s much more organized than in the Marc years).

And someone like Nicolas Ghesquiere can’t build a brand like Rihanna. It’s totally different: Just think about building an Atelier for him, one of the most influential designer of the past 20 years. Nobody expect his collection to be made of 100% cotton.

Come on, there’s still a design contribution and even a vision

I see you added a laughing face after that, no need to say more...

I still can't believe we are dedicating so much thinking and words to yet another celebrity brand, neither newer or more directional than the previous ones; yet the unbelievable PR fanfare behind it would make one legitimately think so...

Last edited:
I see you added a laughing face after that, no need to say more...

I still can't believe we are dedicating so much thinking and words to yet another celebrity brand, neither newer or more directional than the previous ones; yet the unbelievable PR fanfare behind it would make one legitimately think so...

I love Rihanna and i totally respect her doing this. She had an opportunity and took a chance.
The problem with me is the "i do because i can" aspect of it. And it's a privilege that only celebrities and friends of celebrities have right now in the fashion industry.

In her defense, she is more humble than Kanye and Virgil and her clothes are better constructed than everything they have done so far.

There's a place for everybody in the fashion industry but, it has to keep it standards. Nobody can say "I want to be an Architect" and start to design and build stores or houses and be "accepted" by the Architecture world.

Yes, seeing Rihanna or Virgil can inspire a lot of young people or even young black people to work in fashion but it's not the right reprentation because their trajectory will likely be like Kerby Jean Raymond or Laquan Smith. LVMH is not going to back them up to launch their fashion brand and they aren't going to find a pseudo internship at Fendi for year. They'll have to prove themselves, to start from the bottom...And when i say start from the bottom, it's not attending fashion shows with your friends on the front row

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mihxxen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->