Nicolas Ghesquière to Launch LVMH-Financed Fashion Brand

How much did LVMH launch Lacroix with ?
8 Millions of dollars in 1987 but add to that the investment for the launch of the RTW, the fragrance, the lower priced line…All of that while maintaining the Couture activities. They sold the brand in 2005.

Lacroix was a fantastic designer but sometimes, fantastic designers needs for their own platforms, to evolve in a smaller environment.

I often think about Hervé Leger. He build that big brand and unfortunately he was fired from his own brand. He bounced back, created Herve H. Leroux, had his little operation and worked wonderfully.

I hope someday this will became a reality and a dream come true (though a nightmare for my bank account). I honestly don't think there's a bigger waste of talent, than for someone with a true gift to be enslaved by a big fashion conglomerate. Their energy, their vision, and creativity is being sucked out just for the sake of endless profit and so much of it will be dismissed and unknown to the world that it's endlessly sad. No talented designer should be a slave to anyone.

Yah but we need clothes. The timeframe its on: that is due to actually dressing customers who have needs to be met. If you arent putting out 8 collections a year then youre losing to Chanel who is. Karl started that because he thought Chanel was the only brand who could show that many collections a year. he also thought Chanel needed it to meet their customers expectations. Even I have come to be grateful for the current distribution schedule because it fits my life better.

As far as being a slave goes. It comes down to time management skills really….

Also this label would be owned by LVMH not NG.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thefashionfetishist
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->