Valentino "Rock 'n Rose" Fragrance S/S 2007 : Mona Johannesson by Craig McDean

*Bianca*

Reaction score
Here are some small pics from the campaign

20061204plakatsw5.jpg
valentino20rock20n20rosff6.jpg

source: glamour.de & moodiereport

US consumer-goods company Procter & Gamble (P&G) is making a concerted effort to recruit younger female consumers to the Valentino brand with the introduction of Rock ‘n Rose. The Rock ‘n Rose fragrance is designed “for the Rock Princess [for whom] the shopping mall is her Mecca and the style pages of Vogue are her Bible,” the company explained in a statement. Rock ‘n Rose follows up the more contemporary direction adopted by P&G, for which its first launch for the brand was Valentino V in 2005. According to P&G, the younger market is a natural step for the brand which has seen its fragrance business continue to grow five-fold in three years.

The fragrance is built around three accords with P&G fragrance expert Will Andrews in collaboration with Quest. Described as a fantasy rose scent, it contains muguet, bergamot and blackcurrant notes at the top, around a heart of rose and white florals including gardenia and orange blossom. At the base are notes of vanilla, orris and musk.

The pink juice in housed in a sphere-shaped with a diamond-cut onyx-black cap, designed by Suzanne Dalton of Copywrighte Design. The launch of Rock ‘n Rose will be accompanied by an extensive print advertising campaign, shot by photographer Craig McDean and featuring Swedish model Mona Johanneson. The TV campaign was directed by director John Mathieson.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's what I was thinking of when I saw that. They are JUST alike!!!

Craig McDean shot both of them, so it must have been intentional. And a lot of people do compare Mona to Kate. Still, that's very strange. Every detail seems identical.

kwikspell said:
Craig McDean shot both of them, so it must have been intentional. And a lot of people do compare Mona to Kate. Still, that's very strange. Every detail seems identical.

If he shot both pics, than he must have known what he was doing. Otherwise, it would just have been plain stupid :doh:

I wish they identified Mona as Mona. Not the model that looks like Kate.

Mona looks WONDERFUL in the ad, from what we can see though!

Gorgeous! The composition is strikingly similar to the Kate shoot. I hope that cements Mona's status as an up-and-coming doll-faced superstar. Her star has been fading for a while, unfairly so...

The ad looks pretty great, but I don't see the purpose of having her imitate a famous Kate pic yet again. Especially not for a campaign. :huh:

Looks exactly like KATE...

for the Rock Princess [for whom] the shopping mall is her Mecca and the style pages of Vogue are her Bible

gotta love P&G :rolleyes:

Well, that's the idea of course.. But I have to agree with Plato, I don't really see why you'd want to make a campaign like that.

Sigh....he should have made it different. Perhaps he did it to boost up Mona's profile or something....you know 'look how much this girl looks like Kate Moss'

Ahh...well. Unless you have a decent knowledge of fashion (we're all nuts here :P ) most people can't tell anyway...

mona looks absolutely stunning in this ad.but i just couldnt help thinking of kate when i first saw this ad.

morgan38 said:
I think Mona looks a hell of a lot better than Kate, :innocent:

I agree:woot: as far as I can see for now, it looks gorgeous
can't wait for higher res.:D

does anyone already have a better versiopn of the ad?
or does anyone know when it will come?
Im still excited to see it..

After awhile Mona is going to want to come into her own, I understand comparing the two to get her foot in the door but she needs to become her own butterfly and fly. lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misterdior
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->