23. Vlada Roslyakova
24. Magdalena Fracowiak
25. Gisele Bundchen
26. Jessica Stam
27. Raquel Zimmerman
28. Lily Cole
29. Mariacarla Boscono
30. Maryna Linchuk

Kate Moss isn't on this list yet Karen Elson is? Strange. Must be because Moss has done zero runway work.

i'm so pissed Iselin didn't make it. :angry: but Kim and Iris do!
is there no justice. -_-
and no Carol Trentini!

this is SUCH a strange list, mostly because 21-30. :huh:

and no Snejana!
+ Elise Crombez and Eugenia :o
i've officially consider this list invalid.

but yay for Daria, Freja, Anja, Sasha,Lara and Gemma! :clap:

Last edited by a moderator:
^ yeah you'd think those would be further up the list. And while Kate has done zero runway work, isn't Gemma also retired? Not sure why one is on there and the other one isn't

Why is Maryna even there? i guess since she is there, the best spot there for her would be last...nothing against her, but she's not as influential and her career has not been anything special, IMO. Same with Kim Noorda (whom i love), Vlada, Kasia, Magdalena and Lily Cole. And, if anything, i would think Lara Stone would be #1, instead of Gemma.

The list is filled with random models who've had their "moment" like Agyness and Irina..and models who've been extremely successful but virtually invisible, like Isabeli.

^models like Lara,Karlie and Iris are just now having their moment but would you wanna exclude them from any list ten years from now?

Isn't Agyness a little high? She was all over the place for a while, but it was a very short while comparatively speaking. Raquel should be much higher.

I have to object to the exclusion of Jourdan and Mariacarla. I'd have also included Hilary Rhoda; she might have come and gone, but so did other people on this list... :innocent:

^what do you mean? :unsure:

i'm just saying that if a model had her moment she shouldn't be excluded, their moments are worth remembering.it's hard to stay relevant for more than 5 years after all.

You guys, I don't think this list is a ranking. I think its just a list of 30 models who Vogue Paris think are the greatest models of the decade. But there's no order or anything to it... at least I don't think so.

I think its fairly accurate list by the way...

^^I guess what i was wondering more so was your point in saying that? I agree with you, but to me 2-5 solid years is not a moment IMO..there's some longevity in there if you can remain strong that long in the industry..at least nowadays. The models i was referring to who had their "moments" were popular for 2-4 seasons..mainly Agyness and Irina..then fell off the map.

In saying that they had their moments doesn't mean i think they are not important; i'm just saying because that's what it is. It's almost like models selected at random. I only wish Omahyra Mota was more successful because she's definitely a model to be remembered of this decade.

I could replace Isabeli Fontana with Guinevere van Seenus and it doesn't change the list's validity at all.

exactly, it's just a list randomly put together not a ranking system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beautydoll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->