Vogue Paris' Top 30 Models of the Decade

As somebody said, Moss is in a league of her own. As somebody said, she'd probably have her own list if she demanded it. Plus she doesn't runway show any more, which is a big part of being a supermodel.

Oh and Laura Hollins...why?!

I just noticed the no Liya part! If any model exploded onto the scene, it's gotta be Liya- nowhere one day, everywhere the next. And, unlike the vast majority of those models, she managed to stick around after her explosion, too.

Without getting too controversial, I think this list is awful devoid of color. And while the runways have been really devoid of color as well for the last few years, the early 00's had quite a few working models of color.

This list is very weird because it seems to forget that models did exist pre-2005! The list is full of new models . Where is:

Elise Crombez
Liya Kebede
Caroline Ribeiro
Rie Rassmussen
Erin O'Connor
Eugenia Volodina
Carmen Kass

List goes on! Where are these girls? Another lame list that does not properly represent this decade.

I totally agree! I love the models listed though, they are my favorites, but there are older models that were big during their time then. I admit I wasnt following models pre-2005, but even if I wasnt, I knew Jessica Miller, Anouck Lepere, Carmen Kass, Karolina Kurkova, Jacquetta Wheeler, Erin Wasson, Liya Kebede.

And while I love Iris and Anna S, this clearly is Vogue Paris giving themselves a pat on the back for making their favorite pet models big. Seriously. Because how can Iris and Anna S be more worthy than, say, Anna J? And I dont even like Anna J, in fact I cant stand her face, but I grudgingly concede that she did well for herself, she just happened to be "discovered" by Vogue Italia. And why, among their favorites they chose Iris and Anna S, why not Eniko? Oh well, I dunno.

Each girls had an ed or more on this magazine except Chanel Iman and Lily Cole:((What about Kasia,I don't care about her and don't know if she...)

Lily Cole...seriously :yuk::doh:
Agreed. She should be doing lingerie modeling with those breasts. :yuk:

and no Snejana!
Whoever made this list is a fool to not include her. :angry:

I could be mean and list off several who dont deserve it. And several more who do. :judge:

This list is as good as the models.com Top. Seriously, don't bother with this. Tops never please everybody anyway, it's pointless to discuss them.

How can some star like Anna, who basically had her moment, and is now almost never seen on the list, and a model like Snejana, who has been around for years and is still going, not on the list. :ermm:

This list is very weird because it seems to forget that models did exist pre-2005! The list is full of new models . Where is:
exactly.
I would argue that Erin surfaced in the late 90s and Rie only lasted a couple season before moving on completely to her acting career but still, the list somehow feels more seasonal and aimed at random visitors of that site, the kind that might be looking for outfits pictures of Agyness and be genuinely immune to names like Karolina Kurkova or Eugenia Volodina (or insert anyone else pre-2005), otherwise I must've slept during the last 5 years to miss how Agyness resulted to be more relevant in hindsight than Natalia Vodianova. :lol:

I know I'll probably get some backlash for this, considering the fan base, but for me, Snejana's career has been going downhill for seasons now and even during her most successful time, she never really reached the same caliber of, say, Lily Donaldson or Natasha Poly's achievements in modeling. Her face might be out of this world for a lot of people here (pretty much the same way Cintia Dicker had a huge following for many years amongst tFSers despite being barely on demand in reality) but trying to be objective, I don't think she was ever that much of an explosion, if you know what I mean.

I know I'll probably get some backlash for this, considering the fan base, but for me, Snejana's career has been going downhill for seasons now and even during her most successful time, she never really reached the same caliber of, say, Lily Donaldson or Natasha Poly's achievements in modeling. Her face might be out of this world for a lot of people here (pretty much the same way Cintia Dicker had a huge following for many years amongst tFSers despite being barely on demand in reality) but trying to be objective, I don't think she was ever that much of an explosion, if you know what I mean.

Snejana, Cintia Dicker? I don't understand :lol: Snejana has done YSL, Lanvin and Gucci campaigns and Vogue Italia covers, steady W and American Vogue editorials - that's not really on Cintia's resume, is it?

Snejana had the career of a mega star, and for some reason, it stalled, fell flat, and recently she's made a lower key comeback.

What happened to French Vogue? :lol: the list seems odd, although I agree with Gemma Ward! :smile: but what about Liya? Snejana? Jourdan? Abbey Lee? Anna J? Du? :innocent: oh well, whatever :lol: B)

The real strange thing is having Chanel and Kim there and not Liya and Erin W.

Snejana, Cintia Dicker? I don't understand :lol: Snejana has done YSL, Lanvin and Gucci campaigns and Vogue Italia covers, steady W and American Vogue editorials - that's not really on Cintia's resume, is it?

Snejana had the career of a mega star, and for some reason, it stalled, fell flat, and recently she's made a lower key comeback.

^I couldn't agree more with your post. I was also surprised and shocked to see that Snejana is also not included on the list. :shock::doh:

As a fan it is hard for me to say this but Snejana was kinda the model of 2006, rather than the decade, same as Toni was kinda the star of late 2008/ early 2009. All of Snejana's work came out in succession right after each other the same way Toni's did then there was a steady decline in her demand so I understand why she's not there. However Kim Noorda has done hardly anything really even if she has been around since 2003.

Vogue should be REALLY ashamed of making such and unfair list, i'm pretty cross!!!
I don't think Chanel iman, Kim Noorda, Anna Selezneva, Magdalena or Maryna should be in the list. They are great models, but they don't represent the decade.

Where are the models from the beginning of 2000's years? Karolina Kurkova, Liya Kebede, Eugenia Volodina, Caroline Trentini.
Plus, Agyness on the second place... and Kasia over Jessica Stam... Grrrrrr no way!

Looking at the list, I feel like they were going for a combination of sorts- of models who parlayed their modeling cache into celebrity, which is difficult in this supermodel-free decade (Agyness, Irina, Lily Cole, Chanel Iman), the VP pets (Lara Stone, Iris, Mariacarla), models that have had legs, even if they haven't ever really been superstars (Kim Noorda), and supers (Karen, Gisele, Natalia). Sadly, as a result of having the pseudocelebrities and favorites, girls who actually had successful modeling careers this decade but didn't fit a certain category didn't make the cut- Du Juan, Snejana, Erin and Liya, for example (though I would personally argue that the latter two are indeed supermodels- which makes me wonder why they didn't make the cut).

of models who parlayed their modeling cache into celebrity, which is difficult in this supermodel-free decade (Agyness, Irina, Lily Cole, Chanel Iman)
exactly, it is as if they made the list after immersing themselves in british, american or australian tabloids. seeing more lists like this turns me into an anglophobe real fast

Gem is of course well deserved number one, but I totally don't get Laura Hollins as no. 2, let alone Karlie as #16 when most of the major girls are placed over 21 :rolleyes:

^^ as mentioned before this list isn't ranked in any particular order.

I agree about this list missing some Jourdan and Liya though

this list is obviously a joke....
the top 4 of the decade would be Gisele, Natalia, Karolina, Daria(NOT SO sure who has achieved the most between natalia and karolina)
then the rest would be carmen kass, eugenia, liya, maria carla, and others on the list

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beautydoll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->