Vogue Paris' Top 30 Models of the Decade

Snejana, Cintia Dicker? I don't understand :lol: Snejana has done YSL, Lanvin and Gucci campaigns and Vogue Italia covers, steady W and American Vogue editorials - that's not really on Cintia's resume, is it?

Snejana had the career of a mega star, and for some reason, it stalled, fell flat, and recently she's made a lower key comeback.
I compared Cintia and Snejana for their tFS following, which insists on making them appear bigger than they actually are just based on the fact that they love their faces or personalities when they really haven't accomplished something not-that-mega models like Adina Fohlin (YSL/Vogue Italia), Suvi or Dewi Dregen for example, haven't.

Now, I have nothing against Snejana, but as carmen_kass pointed out, she partially represents more the mood of a year instead of an actual decade, she's enjoyed a great level of attention but the seasonal kind, the kind that Louise Pedersen, Catherine McNeil or any other flavor of the year have also enjoyed and somewhat prolonged on a much lower scale and which unfortunately isn't really enough to make you a mega star in the industry.. that's Gemma, Natalia or Daria's trip.

Now, I have nothing against Snejana, but as carmen_kass pointed out, she partially represents more the mood of a year instead of an actual decade, she's enjoyed a great level of attention but the seasonal kind, the kind that Louise Pedersen, Catherine McNeil or any other flavor of the year have also enjoyed and somewhat prolonged on a much lower scale and which unfortunately isn't really enough to make you a mega star in the industry.. that's Gemma, Natalia or Daria's trip.

That's true, though I think she has had more overall success than Louise, Catherine and Adina....and hopefully the days of semi-supers like Gemma, Natalia and Daria, who are so weird looking that they cannot become bona fide superstars, are over. Thankfully, there is now Lara...:wink:

Anyhow, I agree with Snejana not being on this list. She was never a fave with Vogue Paris really. But neither were Chanel or Kim Noorda.

To be honest, I can't see Lara becoming a supermodel either... her body screams Cindy Crawford, but her face is definitely an acquired taste. There are very few young top models that I view as conventionally attractive- Cat McNeil, Maryna, Anna J.

She certainly a top model, but I can't see her reaching past Daria-level fame and status.

that's exactly what i think too and i'm a huge Lara fan.her face just isn't for anyone.

To be honest, I can't see Lara becoming a supermodel either... her body screams Cindy Crawford, but her face is definitely an acquired taste. There are very few young top models that I view as conventionally attractive- Cat McNeil, Maryna, Anna J.

She certainly a top model, but I can't see her reaching past Daria-level fame and status.

I'm not saying she will be a supermodel - but I do think she has the capacity for more apeal than the ones who were launched as superstars in the 00s. She's not just elegant, weird looking and has a sob story to back her up - she is interesting and more able to appeal to a younger generation that may not be completely engulfed in the fashion ideal.

Seriously,only 30 models listed are just not enough.
But, I'm just thrilled that my fave- Freja, Sasha, Coco and Karlie is in the list.
I would disagree with Chanel and Agyness- they're more famous (celebrity wise) as a model not the other way round.

You guys, I don't think this list is a ranking. I think its just a list of 30 models who Vogue Paris think are the greatest models of the decade. But there's no order or anything to it... at least I don't think so.

I think its fairly accurate list by the way...

agree w/ you. correct me if im wrong, but I don't see an actual # ranking by the girls names. I think its just their "overall" best models of the decade.

edit: N/M I didnt read the whole thread yet :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not saying she will be a supermodel - but I do think she has the capacity for more apeal than the ones who were launched as superstars in the 00s. She's not just elegant, weird looking and has a sob story to back her up - she is interesting and more able to appeal to a younger generation that may not be completely engulfed in the fashion ideal.

True. And more importantly... she's got the patronage to back it up. Anna and Carine- has that ever happened before?

I know I'll probably get some backlash for this, considering the fan base, but for me, Snejana's career has been going downhill for seasons now and even during her most successful time, she never really reached the same caliber of, say, Lily Donaldson or Natasha Poly's achievements in modeling. Her face might be out of this world for a lot of people here (pretty much the same way Cintia Dicker had a huge following for many years amongst tFSers despite being barely on demand in reality) but trying to be objective, I don't think she was ever that much of an explosion, if you know what I mean.

It's not a secret that Snejana has not been able to maintain the same level of success since her 06/07 seasons. But couple things to consider here.

1. During seasons SS06-FW07 she was HUGE. Even if she was flavor of the month, how is that different from say Karlie who hasn't yet proved that she can sustained this level of success for the next three-four years.

2. Snejana has never really disappeared. And she hasn't (yet) fallen back on doing lower end stuff. Her work these days is sparse, but it's A-level work. She walks only the BIG shows, and just this year she did Gucci campaign, Vogue Russia cover/ed, VI ed, Numero Korea cover/ed, etc. Girls that came up during the same time (or around then) don't even get that kind of work these days and still made the list, Irina, Agyness, etc.

3. Overall so far, Snejana has left more of a mark in the fashion world than say Vlada, Maryna, Kim, etc. I like all those girls, but nobody reached the height Snejana had for the first couple years when she first started.

4. Girls who started out real strong but have now kinda fizzled (all?) made the list, like Coco, Cat McNeil, etc. It would only be fair that Snejana's there as well.

Or something like that, lol.

um yes it has.

To the extent to which it has for Lara? I've been a bit out of the model loop for the last few months, but I feel like the vast majority of top models get major play from one before really hitting with the other; many haven't gotten it at all. She's got two Vogue Paris covers, a US Vogue cover and a US Vogue article, and we all know how US Vogue is about model articles. Who's rivaled that?

are they arranged chronologically even? I don't know but if they were, someone as iconic as Kate Moss should've topped the list. Not that Gemma isn't, but it's just not enough. And seriously? No Anna Jagodzinska? No Caroline Trentini? Caroline's, like, graced every VOGUE USA recently. x(

^Apparently it's not in any order, I think Kate is on a special supermodel list or something :unsure:

No Liya, Anna Maria, Erin :huh:

Come to think of it, yeah! Where's Liya Kebede on the list? She's more of an icon this decade than Chanel Iman was (no offense). And where's Hilary Rhoda too? Anyway....

what about carmen kass or angela lindvall they are definatley bigger than iris or maryna they forget the early decade!!!

A "top" list that excludes Liya, Carmen, and Angela and yet includes Chanel and Kasia makes it kinda void.

Even though many of my favorites made the cut, it is a bizarre list and not worthy of Vogue Paris.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beautydoll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->