Vogue Paris' Top 30 Models of the Decade

I have to object to the exclusion of Jourdan and Mariacarla. I'd have also included Hilary Rhoda; she might have come and gone, but so did other people on this list... :innocent:

Mariacarla is on the list at #29 :wink: I'm also surprised Jourdan isn't on the list... very strange.

I actually think the list is in order though, remember the list is for the decade.

Indeed..and Gisele would not be #25. She's just as important to this decade as she was to the last, being the highest paid top model in history!

i think everyone should make their own list of top 30 models of the decade.it'll be far more interesting.

okay, for me, just my opinion,
if i were to choose the models of the decade from that list,
only these will be in it,
natalia vodianova, natasha poly, anja rubik, karen elson, isabeli fontana, gisele bundchen, jessica stam, raquel zimmerman, mariacarla.

I chose them because they've lasted the industry that is obsessed with the new. These really are top models.
What the heck is laura hollins doing there?:yuk:
so are lily cole and chanel iman?
Please, who chose these people?:yuk:

I'm so happy MCB is included in that list.
My God, she deserves it, she's like the best model ever.
Smart and brimming with personality.

Why on earth Iselin and Elise are not included on the list??!!?? UGH!!! I'm so pissed!

There's like hardly any models from the beginning of the decade...the whole dutch invasion back in like 2001-2004. Hannelore, Louise Pedersen, An Oost, Anouck Lepre. Eugenia and Elise shouldn't have been missed either.

There's like hardly any models from the beginning of the decade...the whole dutch invasion back in like 2001-2004. Hannelore, Louise Pedersen, An Oost, Anouck Lepre. Eugenia and Elise shouldn't have been missed either.

I guess you mean the Belgian invasion ^_^

Sorry yes, that's especially embrassing since I'm doing an A Level in Geography.

Okay, I forgot to mention that I do also feel glad that some of my favorites made to the list (Stam, Sasha, Gemma, Daria, Coco, Natasha, Iris, Lara, Karen, etc.). But what I don't get is the fact that Elise Crombez, Iselin Steiro and some models that were big in early 2000's didn't are not included on the list. Why??!!?? :(

This list is very weird because it seems to forget that models did exist pre-2005! The list is full of new models . Where is:

Elise Crombez
Liya Kebede
Caroline Ribeiro
Rie Rassmussen
Erin O'Connor
Eugenia Volodina
Carmen Kass

List goes on! Where are these girls? Another lame list that does not properly represent this decade.

I think their basing it on their work, like some of these are up to now
booking major campaigns.
Although what the heck are chanel iman, agyness "one hit wonder" deyn, irina lazareanu and the likes.
They're not top models of the decade.
Carmen Kass, Erin O'Connor are bigger than these models.

I love though that mariacarla's the oldest on that list.
Talk about longevity.B:(blush::heart:

oh, it's actually karen elson who's the oldest there..
Sorry.
I love them both though.:rolleyes:

Okay, I forgot to mention that I do also feel glad that some of my favorites made to the list (Stam, Sasha, Gemma, Daria, Coco, Natasha, Iris, Lara, Karen, etc.). But what I don't get is the fact that Elise Crombez, Iselin Steiro and some models that were big in early 2000's didn't are not included on the list. Why??!!?? :(

^Sorry for the typo. :D

I think that this list is actually OK, as far as these lists go. It's not ranked, which was a wise decision because really it's almost impossible to subjectively rank the models of the decade - and even if one tries to do it objectively people will complain. It's true that some models should've made the list who didn't, but I guess it's not possible to include everyone. I do think Jourdan is a notable absence - she may be relatively new, but her star is bright now at the end of a decade, and decades are often judged by their later years (which is why I think it actually makes a bit of sense to put more emphasis on post-2005, and also why it's a bit puzzling having a model like Karen who made her name in the late 90s if I'm not mistaken on the list)

And in reply to the complaints about Agyness, Chanel, Lily C and co - somebody like Elise or Iselin may be the better model, nobodies denying that, but impact wise these girls have managed to do something larger than just modeling. Lily Cole may not be relevant in fashion today, but she was one of the first models in a couple of years to become a household name (in Britain and Ireland), as did Agyness, whose style was also influential to a huge number of people (an ability not seen since Kate herself.) Chanel, also, as much as I dislike her body of work, has managed to carve a name for herself and seems likely to make it larger in the public sphere. So they are an important part of the decade. If it was a list for all time, I'd have other ideas however:innocent:...

YAY for Chanel!!!!!!:wub: But no Jourdan or Liya! Are they MAD?!?! Didn't they dedicate a WHOLE ISSUE to Liya once?

Last edited by a moderator:
^yeah the may 2002 issue. I dont get why she's not there.
I'm shocked that caroline trentini didn't make the list either..
what the what? D;

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sruggirello
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->