Vogue Paris' Top 30 Models of the Decade

Ok, i am SOO annoyed and confused as to why they did not include Du Juan??? :angry:

Dosn't the fact that she is the most visible, highest profile, most successful Asian model EVER, let alone the past 30 years, secure her a place SOMEWHERE on a top model list?? Or the fact that she single asian to be on the cover of one of the four big Vogues in living memory?
Or that she was the first asian model used by many designers??

Race thing aside, shes done very respectable rounds on the runway, shot for every magazine that matters at least once and has had campaigns for Vuitton, YSL, Armani, Cavalli, David Yurman, etc. She also remains Vogue Chinas poster girl despite younger alternatives who have taken her place in Europe.
Isn't that far more impressive/rounded than, say, Irina, Kim or Cole?

Also, i can understand why they didn't include Jourdan, shes been virtually ignored on the campaign front- but what about Miss Kibede?! I see her in American Vogue ALL the time and is a fav. of Demarchelier and Meisel. I cant remember the last time i saw Lazareanu and the last time i saw Gemma she was wielding a knife and a mask abusing Liv Tyler (bless her heart)

And WHY are Karlie, Kasia or Selezneva even on this list??? Anna Selezneva 13th top model of the past 3 decades?? :blink: Shes been around what 2 years??? Yes she is popular now but what makes her more notable than Du Juan, Liya Kibede, Carmen Kass, Snejana, Caroline, Devon Aoki or one of the big VS models? Hello Adriana Lima?? In fact, what exactly defines her from girls like Anna Maria or Abbey Lee? :shock:

Now i must conlude for fear of rising blood pressure. But in my departure i will be contemplating what Carine and the other editors were thinking/smoking when they allowed such a thoughtless and absurd list to be published in such a great magazine! :sick::doh::angry::yuk:

Last edited by a moderator:
^Exactly, Liya, Hye, Ujjwala and Lakshmi deserve as much recognition as they can get

Aside from Du Juan, other noticeable Asian models are Hye Park and Ai Tominaga! I don't remember another Asian model much beloved by designers and editors than Ai Tominaga. She's relentless and pretty much has complete control over her career and only needs a few catwalk appearances to make bank. She's a regular in the haute-couture catwalks, especially for Armani.

Also, I don't get why Iris is there! She took a huge break, and before her break she wasn't even popular. Yeah, she surely is very popular this season and probably a few seasons to come, but hardly any success to complete ignore Kebede.

Like someone mentioned, they completely forgot the early years of the decade. Tsk tsk tsk.

i blame the VP interns for this.:judge:

Maybe they had some young hussy create the list; and in total failure the hussy they chose was someone who only knew current models and a few popular ones.

This list is like one of NME's ones. :rolleyes: Seriously, no Liya, Elise, Carmen, Julia Stegner, Gisele on #25 spot? Some models there have had solid careers, but do they really deserve to be there?

^ the list isn't ranked. it's just the order of how they appear in the mag.

I also agree I find it annoying that not Ai or Hye Park or Du Juan was not mentioned.

I feel like Ai- like Liya and Carmen- was a causality of how they basically have forgotten the first four years of the decade. :ninja: But there's not excuse for the exclusion of Du Juan- she's stunning, made the covers of all the important magazines, and had some major campaigns, all within the latter part of the decade.

I feel like Ai- like Liya and Carmen- was a causality of how they basically have forgotten the first four years of the decade. :ninja: But there's not excuse for the exclusion of Du Juan- she's stunning, made the covers of all the important magazines, and had some major campaigns, all within the latter part of the decade.

I agree. After all it was only after Du Juan and Hye Park's success did asian models really emerge- before they were around there were literally about 3 well known asian girls, Ai included :blink:

I can't imagine what this list will look like in ten years time... 30 completely different girls! :shock:
90% of girls on this list were unknown ten years ago, I think it's something interesting to think about :D

As much as I like Anna S, I don't really get the point why she is on this list? I mean she's had a great career-boost in the past year but "Model of the Decade"? Hm... :huh:
And the fact that Kate is absent (and I'm not even a fan) is beyond me aswell.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->