What concerts do you have coming up?

strawberry daiquiri

seagreen serenades
Reaction score
I'd like to know who others are seeing/believing, aside from when they happen to mention it in their specific thread.

in the next few weeks i'm going to see...

nouvelle vague
final fantasy (with mounted excitement after he thrilled me in may :woot: )
tunng
css
xavier rudd

^ Nice list + great idea for a thread

I didn't get to many shows this Summer, so I'm going to try to make up for it this fall. These are all at either Beachland Ballroom or the Grog Shop in Cleveland. Cheap tickets, no fees and good bands. :heart:

I already have tickets to

Ladytron/CSS- Oct 4
Beirut/Hawk + Hacksaw- Oct 9
Wolf Eyes- Oct 22
The Rapture- Nov 4
Joanna Newsom- Nov 10

I might get tickets to the following. I don't think any'll sell out, so it'll depend on my mood on those days.

Islands- Oct 15
Hot Chip- Nov 7
Jamie Lidell- Nov 13

Ah, so jealous you'll be seeing Joanna. Desperate to see her for years, and still... a no show

I've seen hot chip twice... and although I'm not really into them, they were nice & entertaining.

strawberry daiquiri said:
Ah, so jealous you'll be seeing Joanna. Desperate to see her for years, and still... a no show

I've seen hot chip twice... and although I'm not really into them, they were nice & entertaining.

I missed seeing her last Summer when I was in Switzerland, so I'm looking forward to it. I'm curious to see if it's just her and the harp or if she has others with her. The new album's production isn't quite as sparse. I hope they sell it at the show despite it being a few days early. I'd perfer to buy it directly from her.

I'm the same way with Hot Chip. I don't care for much of their first album and enjoy the new one, but not immensely. If figure it'll be a fun show, but I don't want to feel "forced" to go, so I'll see how I'm feeling about it that week.

I wanted to see Nouvelle when they were in the US in September, but the closest show was about 5 hours away, so it was too much of a hassle. I wonder how many of the girls will actually be on tour with them.

I went to see Nouvelle Vague on thursday. :ninja:
they played at a small venue in my town, it was pretty good..coming from a non-fan!. ^_^ :heart:

I want to see Bob Dylan on the 22nd but I think my economical state wont take me far with the plan.
my boyfriend's been bothering about going to see Ladytron, I really dont want to...but i guess..i'll eventually do it..whatever gets me out of the cave. :P

I'm seeing zoé on nov. 19th and gustavo ceratti [argentinian singer] on nov. 20th. confirmed!.

Morrissey on the 21st at his only U.S. show :clap: :bounce: :buzz:

Panic! At The Disco + Bloc Party - I can't remember the date, but I'm not that excited, I'm just going with friends. The people I want to see don't really come to town and I missed Fiona Apple :(

Nice thread! ^_^

I don't have any concerts planned for neither this month or in December. My city is pretty dead, and when there is concerts, I'm too young yet, as I'm still 17 and underage (can't wait till I'm 18 and allowed into all concerts I wanna attend! :woot:).

BUT in December I'm going to London from 26th, to January 2nd, and if someone knows about some cool concerts in that period of time, tell me! :wink:

It's pretty dead here as well, usually there's a lot of bands to see during November & December, but not this year :(

I went to see Hanoi Rocks on Saturday which was excellent.. and I'm seeing Kashmir on the 27th because I got a free ticket (I don't remember hearing their music though, I hope they're decent).. then it looks like there'll be a long break after that -_- In January I'm seeing Tv-Resistori & Regina, and Cirque du Soleil (it counts, there's music!).

I feel a little depressed.

^ I'd love to see TV-Resistori and some of the other Fonal artists. I doubt Ohio is on their radar though.

About Joanna Newsom-

It was a great little show. I got there early (shortly after the doors opened, nothing crazy), so I was able to get right up front. This was fortunate because the show was close to selling out. Maybe it ultimately did. She played two songs from Milk Eyed Mender (Bridges and Balloons + Sadie) and an unidentified Scottish traditional song solo before her "orchestra" came out. Then they played Ys straight through. I'd read that she played a few more solo songs at some locations, but not at my show. There 6 people in the band. She's on harp of course. There's one other lady who plays glockenspiel and does backup vocals. One guy does the percussion stuff, another plays accordion/saw/jaw harp, another plays guitar and some sort of Bulgarian mandolin-like instrument and the final guy plays guitar and something that's slipped my mind.

Normally I'm not a big fan of things being played just like the record, but with her new album (5 tracks, 55 minutes if some of you are unaware), it worked well. Her voice sounds really good live too. I think it's a lot easier for casual fans to appreciate on the new album regardless, but it was especially pretty at the show.

My only complaint is that it would have been more appropriate to have the show somewhere with seating. It's closer to a recital than a rock show, so there's really no need to stand the whole time. Apparently a lot of the people toward the back couldn't see much because the band is seated the entire time. The led to an awkward moment when, right before Monkey & Bear, some people called out for people up front to sit down. Surprisingly, they all obeyed. It was really uncomfortable because I was wedged up sort of between he back of the speaker and the stage (not in front of anyone). There was no room to sit, so for that nine or ten minutes, one of the girls who was near me, the people on the right side in the same position and a few along the back wall were the only people standing. Fortunately everyone stood back up after the song. I can see how having a few people sit may help, but when everyone does it, I'd be you run into the same problems. A 6 foot man is going to be taller than a petite girl whether they're standing or sitting.

I am going to Jamie Lidell tonight. It may be my last show of the year. There aren't any must see shows. I could go to Brazillian Girls, Gogol Bordello or the Hold Steady, but I'm a huge fan of any of them.

I missed Hot Chip because I'd just been to Cleveland a night or so earlier and was too tired to go out. I didn't make it to Islands either. One of my friends from out of town was visiting.

And, strawberry daiquiri- Double check on Grizzly Bear. Pitchfork ran a news story about their gear being stolen after a show in Brussels. Apparently they got away with almost forty thousand (US $) in gear and stuff, so they've cancelled the rest of the european tour.

I only have three concerts coming up and they're all with Danish bands/artists. Unfortunately we don't have many international names playing here :(

Anyway, I'll be seeing Moi Caprice, Tina Dickow and Randi Laubek.

visconti said:
And, strawberry daiquiri- Double check on Grizzly Bear. Pitchfork ran a news story about their gear being stolen after a show in Brussels. Apparently they got away with almost forty thousand (US $) in gear and stuff, so they've cancelled the rest of the european tour.
that's awful about the stuff :ninja:
oh well, i'll find another way to spend the evening!

thanks for the description... i've had the problem with standing when it just doesn't seem right - and almost seems a bit intimidating for the artist. i have this habit of sitting somewhere on the ground, at the front, at standing only gigs... no doubt everyone else hates me for it. :P

Islaja, Tomutonttu, Hei & Prurient on the 18th.

xmodel_citizen said:
Panic! At The Disco + Bloc Party

I hope Bloc Party aren't opening :( If anything Panic At The Disco should be supporting them!

yourbestfriend said:
November 14th - The Rapture and The Presets!

well that was last night! It was great! but no one knew the presets, and it got much more crowded when the rapture started playing...too bad :doh:
The Rapture was good, pretty into their show, everyone getting nice and sweaty :woot:

Robbie Williams on the 1st of December... Mock me all you like :lol: He was very entertaining last time I saw him live!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mihxxen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->