• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Your Best & Worst Collections of S/S 2024

Loved
Khaite
Hermes
Alexander McQueen
Ann Demeulemeester
Rabanne
Undercover
Maison Margiela
Alberta Ferretti
Jason Wu​

Liked
Missoni
Gucci
Tom Ford
Delcore
Max Mara​

Disappointing
Dries Van Noten
Sacai
Helmut Lang
Mugler
Valentino​

Hot Mess
BALENCIAGA
London Fashion Week
Christian Dior
Chanel
Diesel
Burberry
Fendi
Bottega Veneta
Nina Ricci​

Loved:
  • Carolina Herrera
  • Balmain
  • Del Core
  • Rabanne
  • Margiela!!!
  • Courreges
  • Carven
  • Issey Miyake
  • McQueen
  • Tom Ford
Lukewarm but will probably grow on me later:
  • Vuitton
  • Miu Miu
  • Bottega
  • Missoni
  • DvN
  • Prada
Trash:
  • Gucci Ancora
  • Helmut Lang
  • Connor Ives (even If I'm still rooting for him for whatever reason lol)
  • Blumarine

I am still raving about JW. Anderson trousers, so it's definitely the best imho.

The rest was banal and a letdown.

Margiela and mm6 were definite highlights.
I enjoyed the mood of the row.

the rest was a non event or awful. I’ll make a special mention for balenciaga. A grotesque collection, paraded by some people who I had immense respect for.

My faves were Undercover, Sacai, and YSL. They succeeded at making both beautiful clothes AND a fantastic runway show.

My least faves were Rick, CdG, Junya, and Noir Kei Ninomiya. Just show me what winds up in the shops, then I'll be happy.

I was pleasantly surprised by what little I saw of Lora Piana, of all brands. If they took a more fashion-forward approach to their clothing, I'd be okay with that.

Last edited:
Best:
Ulla Johnson was very nice; Burberry has been actually growing on me, I guess it's because of the soundtrack; Prada was surprisingly good and same with Ferragamo. Bottega Veneta was fantastic, even if I still think it's a bit too heavy for the season. Courrèges was nicely sharp and crisp. Margiela added a bit of drama to this extremely dry fashion month. I also liked Stella McCartney, Loewe, Rabanne, and Carven. McQueen should be a honourable mention here, I'm gonna miss Burton because her interpretation of the brand, even if not the most exciting one, was a safe space.

Worst:
Helmut Lang, I don't really want to see any of Do's creations anymore. Chloé was a mess, but at least the main problem of the house is already gone. Gucci was an absolute disaster and the instagram posts of the ancora guy will not help him at all. Balenciaga was absolutely awful.

The rest was just unmemorable.

Best
-Courreges (most refined collection yet for De Felice, from clothes to bags and accessories)
-Louis Vuitton (back to simpler styling, almost on the ranks of ss18, and ss17 collections)
-Sacai (always a hit for me)
-Dries Van Noten (I like the preppy vibes)

Good
-Saint Laurent (solid but needs more edge)
-Bottega Veneta (styling needs to be more realistic next time, I am getting tired of their leather everything trend)
-Ferragamo (best work yet for Davis, still needs more warmth and lushness)
-Ferrari (surprisingly good and believable)
-Boss (production is a bit overkill and overshadowed the clothes presented)

Worst
-Gucci (directionless)
-Tory Burch (unoriginal, Loewe-lite)
-Loewe (I don't get it, same with JWA. I like when JW manages to blur concept and wearability like his past Loewe collections (2015-2021) and his eponymous collections for aw19 and ss20)

Special Mentions
-Best Soundtrack: Gucci and Courreges
-Best Set Design: Courreges
-Best Casting: Bottega Veneta, Courreges

Best
Miu Miu
Chanel
Rokh
Alessandra Rich
Alexander Mcqueen
Gucci
Prada
Alaia (if we can count from Couture)

Liked (there were so many in this category..very few collections wowed me)
Dior
Sacai
Valentino
Loewe
The Attico
Bottega
Blumarine
David Koma
Sportmax
Rabanne
Schiaparelli

Worst/Disappointing
This is the first time i skipped looking at any of NYFW (and most of london)
Fendi was a disappointment
Saint Laurent was disappointment
Louis Vuitton was disappointing but I feel it could grow on me
Helmut Lang
Balenciaga

favorites: mcqueen, margiela, undercover

liked: louis vuitton, dolce, saint laurent, bottega, carven, rokh, hermes, missoni, gucci (soundtrack sold me the collection, i wanna know her and be part of her world)

worst: balenciaga, az factory, commes des garcons, chanel, dior

Still got a lot left to go through.

LIKED (not necessarily in order)

Tom Ford
Jason Wu
Prada
DelCore
MM
Lorenzo Serafini
Erdem
McQueen
Ralph Lauren
Simone Rocha
Emilio Pucci

GOOD BUT NOT MY THING
Gucci
YSL
Ulla Johnson
Matty Bovan

DISLIKED
Versace
Ferrari
Elisabetta Franchi
Chanel
Balenciaga

WORST
Moschino
Roberto Cavalli (I hate Fausto Puglisi)

It's been my first full season and I've watched an eclectic range of stuff tbh. It's been nice sharing it with all of you.

Should've put Fendi in the dislike pile as well, managed to completely forget about it.

Best-Rokh
Worst-Chanel simply trashy AF

It is sad how all those big fashion groups has destroyed the creativity in fashion. Everything are just the same cliches. Galliano vision is far from all those pretentious catwalk, he is in the ateliers with the master ladies of paris couture having a precious time darning, iching,
putting clothes on backwards and still dreaming as when you are a child dressing your dolls joining of nice scraps of fabric that you found somewhere. So sincere.

Favourite:
Loewe
Erdem
Dries van Noten
Givenchy
Lanvin
Prada
McQueen
Khaite

Favourites:

Del Core
Margiela by Galliano
Alexander McQueen
JW Anderson
Erdem
Giorgio Armani
Jason Wu
Bottega Veneta
Courrèges
Rick Owens
Yohji Yamamoto

Best: Margeila, Balmain, Carolina Herrera, Marni, Peter Do, Khaite, Michael Kors.

Worst: Dior, Louis Vuitton ( although it was better than usual), Diesel, Y project, Balenciaga.

Favorites:
Loewe
Moodstories
Jason Wu
Prada
DelCore

Dont like
Versace
YSL

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads