Dolce & Gabbana S/S 2005 Milan

Dolce & Gabbana Brown Lace Top With Red Python Trim 2005

v_15866302_1653429861169_bg_processed.jpg
DOLCE2005LACETOPWREDPYTHONTRIMBACK_Websizeexport_4_master.jpg
00350h-dolce-gabbana-spring-2005-ready-to-wear-missy-rayder.jpg

I just realized that there are 91 looks in this collection! So many ideas in one collection, but the actual fashion show is so entertaining and has such high replay value that it almost breezes by. Normally 90 looks are too many.

Models back then really could save the most vile collections. This is hideous.
They really could.

But as hideous as this collection is, what holds up about it is that it’s charming and committed.

It’s also about Dolce & Gabbana having decently good taste while consciously playing with bad taste. They had the good sense to cast some of the most beautiful men and women alive during their Eurotrash years, with all the campaigns photographed gorgeously by Meisel. I can appreciate that sort of play of high and low. It’s fun.

As much as I enjoy the show (and the rumoured cat fights backstage between Nicole Trunfio and Isabeli, among others), the clothes themselves are so wrong. The strangest colour and fabric combinations but the oomph factor the models bring really ups the ante.

However, you can't deny the level of fun it all has. In a world of its own and doesn't try to be anything else. Very self aware and carefree, yet very consciously whorish in a wrong-but-right kind of way.

Tackiness done with an extreme level of sophistication and fun will always triumph for me!
Even if it’s not their best collection, it’s surely one of their best shows! The kind of shows you feels energized coming from.

At that time, their competition was Cavalli!

^^^ Bless you Lola. Perhaps you've never been exposed to, or been surrounded by, and working for cheap tackiness. The brand of tackiness that don’t know that they’re tacky, ghetto and trash (…like, they actually have a mother-of-the-bride business— and tack on “Haute Couture” to their brand because they believe anything that having any custom-made is couture LMFAO). It’s sensibilities like this (along with grossness that was Affliction/Ed Hardy/True Religion), and of Dolce’s trashy era, trickling down to the dumpsters of common taste that has the guidos/guidettes coveting/namedropping “Dolce", that will forever taint my view of this brand. No amount of superior castings, supreme creative campaign vision, can and will save such vile cheapness, as far as I’m concerned. Their eurotrashiest era is simply repugnant, and its stench is as strong today as it was nearly 20 years ago.

Gabbana just launched his IG, the brand's lore he told r lowkey engaging lol

^^^ Bless you Lola. Perhaps you've never been exposed to, or been surrounded by, and working for cheap tackiness. The brand of tackiness that don’t know that they’re tacky, ghetto and trash (…like, they actually have a mother-of-the-bride business— and tack on “Haute Couture” to their brand because they believe anything that having any custom-made is couture LMFAO). It’s sensibilities like this (along with grossness that was Affliction/Ed Hardy/True Religion), and of Dolce’s trashy era, trickling down to the dumpsters of common taste that has the guidos/guidettes coveting/namedropping “Dolce", that will forever taint my view of this brand. No amount of superior castings, supreme creative campaign vision, can and will save such vile cheapness, as far as I’m concerned. Their eurotrashiest era is simply repugnant, and its stench is as strong today as it was nearly 20 years ago.
Oh don’t worry, I experienced it first hand. Being French, when you spend your summers in the south, from Montpellier to St Tropez really (and even MonteCarlo), « La Cagole » is a national staple at this point. But what I have always loved about Eurotrash on the runway was the layers of inspirations m, the fun, the unapologetic attitude.

What happened in the streets was something else. Eurotrash was terrible on middle class people but worse on rich people. I remember the excessive tanning!

But what is funny is that Eurotrash still exists. Not necessarily on the runway but irl. The new girls have traded the leopard for skin tight jersey dresses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mihxxen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->