"Faux fur" on Sean John jackets was raccoon dog!

Heroin_Chic

Reaction score
Test Reveals Canine Fur on Diddy's "Sean John" Jacket Sold at Macy's
spacer.gif

The test results are in on Diddy’s fur jacket: raccoon dog.
The HSUS tested the fur on a Sean John Hooded Snorkel Jacket sold on Macys.com that was originally advertised, incorrectly, as having an "imitation rabbit fur collar" and materials identified as "faux fur."

The jacket, part of a clothing line by celebrity rapper and music producer Sean "Diddy" Combs, was not only incorrectly advertised by Macy's but also labeled as containing "raccoon" fur, which has now been found to come from a canine species known as raccoon dog.

The labeling on some of Diddy's "Sean John" jackets sold at Macy's was incorrect—the fur came from raccoon dogs, not raccoons.

Macy's has reportedly pulled the mislabeled Sean John garments from its department stores and online shop, but The HSUS is calling on Diddy and other designers and retailers to stop using and selling fur trim altogether.
Previous tests conducted by The HSUS on fur-trimmed jackets from a range of other retailers and designers revealed the same problem—raccoon dog fur from China mislabeled as being from a different species, either "raccoon" or "coyote."

The mislabeling of a fur product is a violation of federal law.
China has no animal welfare laws. Animals killed for their fur in China—dogs, raccoon dogs and others—often face horrible abuse, and are too often skinned alive.

http://www.hsus.org/furfree/news/sean_john_diddy_combs_mislabeled_fur.html

Shocking and disgusting! :sick: :yuk:

Last edited by a moderator:
That is absolutely terrible. Don't buy fur from China is basically the moral of this story! You never know what you're going to get. Disgusting and so, so sad. :sick: :cry:

TheKiwi said:
That is absolutely terrible. Don't buy fur from China is basically the moral of this story! You never know what you're going to get. Disgusting and so, so sad. :sick: :cry:

Well, my moral also is DON`T BUY SEAN JOHN. :doh:

I would even wear real fur (but not DOG!) but this mislabeling is really infuriating! :angry: Why the hell is he fooling his customers? Could the chinese dog fur be more cheap than faux fur? :huh:

People have a right to know what they buy and therefore influence the economic and production circles with their choices.

He dosen't really strike me as someone who would care that animals had been killed for him to look "good"

Isn't Diddy always dripping with fur coats? He probably doesn't care if it came from a raccoon, dog or otherwise.

Though the article does state that Macy's incorrectly labeled it so it might just be Macy's fault for labeling it as faux fur instead of real fur....of course, in the end it's Diddy's fault for authorizing the use of real fur.

I didn't click on the China link.....I know if I do it will haunt me:cry:

It´s so depressing to think that you can´t trust the information you get.. Even if you´re not anti-fur this is terrible, it´s just so tacky.

I've never been anti-fur, but this is truly sad and terrible.

Desperately trying to make his tacky, done-to-death, and boring clothing seem 'exclusive' or whatever, he puts cheap chinese fur on it, but the store makes a mistake, and his masterpiece is reduced to 'faux'. Only to be vindicated, and revealed later as chinese dog, at which point it's too late, and already off the shelves. I think that might be the saddest thing I have ever heard. Poor Diddy. :yuk:

VainJane said:
I didn't either. I know excatly how you feel, once you see those types of videos, they never leave you.

someone should take his dog,kill it,and wear around the neck!!!

why do ppl need real fur???
to feel more important, to shoe that they have money???
it is one thing to breed animals for food,but killing wild animals just so you could wear it makes me wanna kill someone!!!

what is next??? will they be killing kids in africa and make some accesories from them???

how can u keep a dead animal at home??????

sick sick sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
electricladyland said:
:shock: :blink: What!!???? :huh: Why kids in Africa?

just an example how some rich ppl don't think about anything but themselves!!!

VainJane said:
I watched it. It is beyond horrifying.

It's Diddy's design and his label so if he's truly hands on as he would like us to believe then he should know what materials are being used to make his clothing. So either he's lazy and incompetent or he truly doesn't care about the welfare of animals, I can't decide which.

I wouldn't wear fur at all. It's cruel and inhumane and there are many very valid alternatives to the stuff. In this day and age no one needs to be killing animals solely because they want a pretty/warm coat. It sucks that they mislabelled the fur so that people who thought they were doing something good by buying the faux stuff got conned.

Just another reason why I can't stand diddy.

TheKiwi said:

I couldn't agree more. How sad....

Ew.

Pete Burns must own the whole line of Sean John furs.

How appalling. I already am anti any of those urban labels but now this takes the cake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yohjiyamamotor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->