• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The WORST foundation that you have ever tried

indie_fairy said:
oh i totally agree with the whole dream matt mousse argument we have got going on!!
i hated the cakey-ness, choice of colours *all orange as someone mentioned already*, the staying power aaand the overall coverage.... not attractive.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

That is one of the maybelline foundations that I have never tried. It just seemed to get bad reviews, PLUS, the colors in the jars are indeed way too orangey looking. I have never tried their age rewind (I am not old enough for it yet) or their Pure. foundation. It looks too orange in the tube too. Shh, don't tell that I squeezed a little out the other day at Target to see the shade. That's not stealing, right???

Wet 'n' Wild's ultimate sheer tintied moisture is horrible. All the shades are way to pink, which is weird given the fact that most people have slight yellow undertone and not pink or orange, and it soaks in before you can blend it. It is really sticky, too.

I have never really tried that Maybelline Mousse thingy, but for the first time, there have been actually raves about this! ( I was too phobic to try another Maybelline product after endless disasters from teenagehood ).

I remember helping out my sister during her prom and a girl was like asking me to apply concealer on her back, and it wouldn't stay. So I asked for a foundation and that was all she had. It glided like....chocolate mousse! hahaha :smile:

Hipkitten said:
I'm sure I'll be blasted for this, but the worst foundation I've ever tried is Mac Studio Tech. I tried it with and without the foundation brush but could never get it to work for me. It always ended up looking cakey and uneven.

It works fine for me unless my skin is too dry.
Which one do you use?

Has anyone tried CG smoothers tinted moisturizer? (not the foundation one) I was thinking of buying it but won't if it gets alot of beef.

For some reason, Maybelline Pure Foundation looks great on me. I mix in a little bit of illuminizer (Benetint's hollywood glo), and it just makes my skin look so flawless but natural at the same time.

nat_attak said:
i tried benefit foundation and it is NOT for me =(

Really? I've been meaning to try it for a while now so I'm glad you said something....why don't you like it?

Maybelline Dream Matte Mouse. Wow..They should just change their labels to "shades of grey"

Elegance.Is.Refusal. said:
urgh i got a free sample of the dream matte mouse and it was horrible the bubbles were still there when you put it on it is like putting mouse on your face

Like putting mouse on your face? For a second I admired this imaginative description and tried to imagine what a mouse on your face feels like. Then I realized that it was a typo. I'm slightly disappointed now. :lol:

I dont like Clinique foundation, it looks ashy on african american skin.
I dont like MAC Studio Tech, I have had it for a while now and it never looks right on me and feel thick on. I do however like Studio Fix :smile:

nat_attak said:
i tried benefit foundation and it is NOT for me =(

I second that. The Non-Fiction Foundation made me break out so badly and it gets horribly oily.

Revlon Colorstay is not for me either. The coverage is good but even if you use only a little bit it looks like body paint or something. :yuk:

I'm sorry but maybe it's just me, but MAC's foundations (all of them) feel like stage makeup that i use for plays!!! (Belive me, my private school hire's MAC makeup artists to do our makeup for the plays we are in....beacause he says there so thick they can still hold up under stage lights!! so for the longest time i thought all the people going to MAC counters where on brodway or something!! @.@ go figure)

Any way, i hate hate hate almay for some strange reason. when i was younger and was first delving into the foundation world, i tried there foundations and it was just horror. My rents would say, "Oh go take a towel and wipe off your face" But now there like " Oh you have beautiful skin...see what i told you about not wearing makeup?!" (heh, little do they know!)

IcePrincess2250 said:
Really? I've been meaning to try it for a while now so I'm glad you said something....why don't you like it?

for 2 reasons. one being they only come in 3 shades and my skin color is between the 2nd and 3rd. second, i started to break out probably because my skin didnt like it so much.

you should still try it i think because while it might not work for me, it might work for you. my friend's been using hers for quite sometime and she didn't find anythign else better. so i guess it depends on your skin type.:flower:

For those who hate Maybelline's Dream Matte Mousse, should try the ones available in Japan only.

Really a dream! And I didn't care for the other version now.

glad i'm not the only one who had a bad experience with Maybelline Dream Matte Mouse...omg I looked like a burnt orange even though I picked up the closest shade to my skin tone!! I also don't really like Rimmel foundation I had once... or this Revlon one I tried a long time ago... Umm I don't like foundation in general I always end up looking like aged prostitute! ugh I stick to a concealer now that I no longer have the bad acne I had when I was in my teenage years

yeah, the revlon ones are really, really, bad and thick.

The whole acne thing is why I wear foundation too and not just concealer. If I wore concealer all over, it would look extremely caked on. Whereas a light layer of foundation really helps even out skin tone and look more natural.

Almay Nearly Naked touchpad foundation is horrible! I should've known right away just looking at the package but nope I had to go ahead and try it (after using Loreal truematch for awhile which has mediocre performance and ends up feeling heavy). At first the Almay went on smoothly but after not even 2 hrs my skin starting getting this blotchy appearance and got oily soon afterwards. Also, the touchpad was soooo unsanitary and had a gross odor after a few days even though I washed my hands before/after the application. Needless to say I stopped using that after a few more tries and now use mineral foundation. Never, ever, going back!

nat_attak said:
for 2 reasons. one being they only come in 3 shades and my skin color is between the 2nd and 3rd. second, i started to break out probably because my skin didnt like it so much.

you should still try it i think because while it might not work for me, it might work for you. my friend's been using hers for quite sometime and she didn't find anythign else better. so i guess it depends on your skin type.:flower:

i don't think this is what i used, but i hated whatever benefit crap i did try. mine wasn't the non-fiction, it was the one that comes in the stick and comes in maybe six shades? UGH! SO cakey and heavy and disgusting! i don't know HOW they even sell that garbage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->