The WORST foundation that you have ever tried

This topic is fun! Brings back memories (though not good ones:P). I agree with the OP. Covergirl clean was the first I tried in 8th grade. No wonder 8th graders never look like they know how to apply make up. It's crap and doesn't blend. Also neutrogena cream to powder compacts were sad b/c they were too "stiff" to blend and I remember tugging on my face.:yuk:

Eventually in HS I moved on to Mac studio fix or clinique tinted city blocks. Better. But I've finally found my true love: Body and Soul powder foundation compacts. :blush: Perfectly smooth and you can control how sheer or full-coverage you make it. Plus you can spritz your face with water and blend even more to make it even sheerer! It's the total enemy of cakey foundations.:flower:

lancome, so thick and heavy, even the "lighter" versions
too much perfume in it so it irritates skin too

IcePrincess2250 said:
For some reason, Maybelline Pure Foundation looks great on me. I mix in a little bit of illuminizer (Benetint's hollywood glo), and it just makes my skin look so flawless but natural at the same time.

Same here. It gave me great coverage that looked natural, unfortunately, tried a lighter than I should have color.

Maybelline Shine Free
Cover Girl Continuous Wear
Maybelline mousse
Prescriptives Luxe - looked good, but left traces of glitter on every surface imaginable

:ninja:

L'oreal true match. The liquid make up that comes in those tiny bottles for around $9. While it matched my pale skin beautifully, it gave me TONS of tiny zits and turned my face into an oil slick.
Dream matte mousse? Love it, LOVE IT, LOVE IT. How are those of you who hate it applying it? You're just supposed to use a tiny amount at a time and apply with your fingers.

I bought the colorstay for normal/dry skin on sunday. It is so much better than it used to be. Remember? Heavy, dry, and cakey? This version with the softflex is just that: soft. It isn't that cakey nightmare that I remember from two yrs. ago, lol. Finally! A company changed a product's formula and it actually works better!

I got a sample of MAC HyperReal and it sucked, but i think this is because the salesgirl gave me a shade that was NW, when i am totally a NC, no doubts about it!

Benefit's You Rebel, while not exactly a foundation, was also really, really bad. It looked fine at first, but after a few weeks it turned into this really dark orange colour. I dont know if it was the heat (I live in Queensland, Australia) or if the product is just bad, but at any rate it was totally unusable.

Studio Fix Fluid by mac is god awful!

It bought me out in a big rash, my skin was stinging and it just did not agree, and i don't even have sensitive skin normally!!!

Maybelline mousse- should be called 'orange paste 2 powder gunk'

i used to wear the cover girl clean makeup when i was in junior high. what was i thinking??

revlon colorstay is like spackle.

and i was so disapointed with true match. it dried horribly on me.

basically i havent found a good foundation yet.

lucy92 said:
i used to wear the cover girl clean makeup when i was in junior high. what was i thinking??

revlon colorstay is like spackle.

and i was so disapointed with true match. it dried horribly on me.

basically i havent found a good foundation yet.

Try skin caviar foundation from La prairie,it's like a second skin,and makes your skin perfect,but it's a bit expensive.

I have to agree about Cover Girl. It smells like Noxzema and it broke me out badly. Revlon Colorstay is way to drying although I think that one is one of the best that was mentioned when it comes to drugstores. The worst foundation has to go to Wet and Wild which clogs pores like you wouldn't believe. Actually, there are more bad foundations out there than good ones.

Loreal Translucide liquid foundation. It streaked and didn't blend at all.

Definately any covergirl. I haven't really tried any others that I really hated. Except MaxFactor pancake in Natural No. 1 but I never wore it for real life, just as stage makeup so I guess that doesn't matter as much for looking good close up.

Personally, I LOVE Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse and don't understand where all that negative feedback is coming from. It blends perfectly with my skin (I use the lightest tone) and feels very comfortable.

I'd say CoverGirl Clean Make up.... It never looked right on my skin.. looked cakey and flakey... and the colors were too orange/pink looking.

CoverGirl TruBlends was alright though. Still too fake looking though.

Another foundation that I hate is Nutrogena brand foundations. Because absolutely NONE of foundations match my skin! Their lightest shades are ALL too dark for me!:angry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacksonwreath
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->