• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Youth, Teens & HS trends

mme said:
Ahhhh. And if I DO look put together, people always say things like "Gawd you're so rich!" and if I wear plainer things like from Gap, American Apparel, or brands they don't know, people ask where I get this.. where I get that... I mean, must I always tell you? I'm kinda greedy. I don't really like telling people where I like to shop, since I'm scared we'll have the same things, and they get the credit. Actually this has happened before.. where I told a popular/rich/snobbish kinda friend about many brands and stores. She gets the credit for her nice clothing, which I sometimes can't afford. I couldn't help it though, because I really wanted to prove that I'm into fashion! She believes me. No one else seems to. I'm so fed up. I would muchmuch rather appear nicer, but I am also very insecure :( Did that blab make sense? :judge:

You made total sense. I'm completely competitive when it comes to outdressing people.

And I've been known to donate items after I see someone I don't like wearing something close to it. :innocent:

I also hate telling people where I get stuff. When they ask I always just say, "Some random shop in the city", "I got this ages ago" or "Overseas" :lol::innocent:

^ Haha I tell everyone that I get my stuff overseas too! I hate when people have the same stuff.

ilaughead said:
You made total sense. I'm completely competitive when it comes to outdressing people.

And I've been known to donate items after I see someone I don't like wearing something close to it. :innocent:
Haahahaha i am so competitive aswell! My friend at uni ahs copied me on multiple items of clothing such as:

3 pairs of shoes
trench coat
Pea coat
2 pairs of jeans
Sunglasses
etc and he gets the credit.,........WHAT!!

"thats nice, where did you get that from"
"....oh this, this old thing, i have had it years i think i got it in some charity shop or something....yeh"
Ha classic

jpolla said:
"thats nice, where did you get that from"
"....oh this, this old thing, i have had it years i think i got it in some charity shop or something....yeh"
Ha classic

Great answer! I need to say that to my friends from now on.
Thaaank you! :lol:

The kids at my highschool (I call them clones) dress alike. It's Hollister and Juicy. It's pathetic and disgusting. And worst of all, THEY make fun of what I wear. I'm like have you ever opened a fashion magazine or seen a fashion show? Because if they did they would no that I'm in, they're out.

Glad everyone agreed!
I used to say "I don't know, my mom got it for me," but that would mean my mom would get the credit (and I'd seem like more of a loser than I already am) :lol:

couturex said:
The kids at my highschool (I call them clones) dress alike. It's Hollister and Juicy. It's pathetic and disgusting. And worst of all, THEY make fun of what I wear. I'm like have you ever opened a fashion magazine or seen a fashion show? Because if they did they would no that I'm in, they're out.

I know what you mean. Even my family makes fun of me for how I dress. A tunic dress or polka dots- and they're bursting with laughter. Man, I think I dress pretty conservative :unsure: And at my high school, you're praised for being a clone, and crazy if you're not wearing (or do not like) the "IT :o " thing.

I was so scared yesterday. So many people were wearing cowboy boots. I was afraid it was going to turn into a localized trend.

LUCKILY, I found out it was just a promotional thing for students to dress up in costume for our school's production of "Oklahoma". THANK GOD. :shock:

couturex said:

I can totally relate, except it's more with my family than with people at school (like I said, I go to a uniformed school... such a weight off my shoulders :woot:).

haha i ALWAYS thought i was the only one who does not enjoy people asking where i get my stuff from.

i feel less weird now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maneaterwife
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->