Maison Margiela S/S 2024 Paris

Better than ever. And not a tinge nor whiff of nostalgia that so many of his generation have given in to. He remains a masterclass of construction and creative vision. Cherish him.

Other Greats will always have these periods where they’ve clearly fallen— and even can’t seem to get up :cough:Muccia/Rei/Tom:cough: And although John’s trajectory isn’t flawless, with even some stumbles along the way; those ego-size Vegas drag costumes at the end of his Dior tenure come to mind, his track record, from his own namesake, to Dior, to Margiela, has and have been a trailblazing darkhorse of glorious, laser-precision, concentrated fashion vision. He really has gone from strength to strength. He’s accomplished the deserved title of a fashion deity. Just glorious.

And although John’s trajectory isn’t flawless, with even some stumbles along the way; those ego-size Vegas drag costumes at the end of his Dior tenure come to mind, his track record, from his own namesake, to Dior, to Margiela, has and have been a trailblazing darkhorse of glorious, laser-precision, concentrated fashion vision.
if you're talking about 2007-2011, i agree. i choose to forget those years happened. madame butterfly was his last truly great couture outing at dior. everything that came before was sublime.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

giphy.com

^ they removed it from youtube

I kept scrolling on the vogue runway app after the last look because I needed more! Like Lola mentioned I’m also not a big fan of the presentation but Galliano knows how to deliver Fashion. Everything is so exquisite and so impeccable.

I find myself enjoying Galliano’s interpretation of Margiela more then I did for Dior.

I can't really get full on board with this, even though I think the pieces themselves are beautiful. The feathery textures and the use of the high shine organza (foil print? PVC? I'm really not sure) are just sumptuous.

The presentation itself is just why? I'm not really seeing what others are because to me a lot of the models look like they're suffering from Mad Cow Disease but making it fashion. Coca Rocha for ANTM, especially with that mirrored runway. It's a bit corny, and rather unconvincing too because it doesn't full commit. Give us a mise-en-scene or something.

But perhaps I'm biased because I'd want something with a bit more starkness to the wit to allow the clothes to sing on their own. Not this stark runway though, it hurts the eyes and somehow still comes across as over-embellished.

The very best of all fashion weeks for me – even it's not flawless.
But maybe that's also part of it. it hasn't to be perfect or too streamlined or corporate to win my heart.

BUT it ewokes a strong desire, a lust for life again, like i want to be part of a fashion gang again.
A million miles ahead of Louis Vuitton this season for sure.

The models cant help but work it. They know theyre wearing the Height of Fashion.

the music was awful. I muted it and listened to my usual Trance.

Well this was incredible. Absolutely stunning new silhouettes. The dresses were extraordinary in motion.

The pieces are beautifully constructed.....more or less...deconstructed....but??

As much as I've always loved Galliano for a really long time ( I'm 52 years old)...the presentation is too theatrical. Strutting.....hand on the hip, etc. I find it to be annoying.

It doesn't feel appropriate for a M. Margiela presentation.

If the collection were by J. Galliano....under his own namesake and his own label...I'd prolly feel differently.

That's just my opinion.

Interesting pieces but please…
STOP with the stupid walk.

The Leon Dame gimmick is just ridiculous.

I wish the models just walked naturally like they don’t care instead of trying so hard.
Also the styling is bad, as usual, but the garments themselves look incredible…

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clem3166
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->