The Makeup Help and Tips Thread

belleza said:
Golden_butterfly

the girl in your avatar is gorgeous :shock:
who is she ?

She is indeed !
Her name is Celina Jaitley and she's half indian, half afghan.
She was miss India in the miss universe pageant a couple of years ago :smile:
( she came in the top 10 but I personally think she never made it cause of her height ).

secret beauty tips that you know!

I know that many female models shave their face (yes I really said that they shave their face:lol: ) so the makeup that they have on lasts longer!

And..

Many makeup artists mix moisturizer with foundation, and then apply it.

Also..
to get a Nude lip, sometimes Makeup artists will put concealer on the model's lips:flower:

i mix my own facial masks
my favorite one is honey mixed with crushed aspirin

I really suck at make-up. My cousin does my make-up for me everytime I go out. I think the thing I really struggle with is blush. I just smile and apply it to the rounds of my cheeks but something tells me this is not best. For someone who has a face shape similar to Naomi Watts what technique for applying blush would be best?

style_savy said:
I really suck at make-up. My cousin does my make-up for me everytime I go out. I think the thing I really struggle with is blush. I just smile and apply it to the rounds of my cheeks but something tells me this is not best. For someone who has a face shape similar to Naomi Watts what technique for applying blush would be best?
What I do is I apply blush about one ince under my eye, about an inch away from my nose. Then I sweep upwards as I get to the sides of my face, and the blush goes from 1" under my eyes to almost right under it as it gets closer to my hairline. Then, suck in your cheeks and dusk a little bit on bronzer in the hollow... that should give you nice, defined cheekbones.

Just experiment/practice! You'll get it! <3

Oh, and to minimize pores.. I don't think anything "permanantly" does it, but I think that masks help. Try doing a peel off mask 1-2 times a week. I like st ives hydroxy peel... really cheap and works!!

cardboardboxed said:
What I do is I apply blush about one ince under my eye, about an inch away from my nose. Then I sweep upwards as I get to the sides of my face, and the blush goes from 1" under my eyes to almost right under it as it gets closer to my hairline. Then, suck in your cheeks and dusk a little bit on bronzer in the hollow... that should give you nice, defined cheekbones.

Just experiment/practice! You'll get it! <3

Oh, and to minimize pores.. I don't think anything "permanantly" does it, but I think that masks help. Try doing a peel off mask 1-2 times a week. I like st ives hydroxy peel... really cheap and works!!

Thanx I'll try the blush thing out tommorow morning :flower:

style_savy said:
Also how do you minimize pores?

i've never done this (although i think i should try) but my friend tells me to put egg whites on your t-zone to minimize pores.

Golden_butterfly said:
She is indeed !
Her name is Celina Jaitley and she's half indian, half afghan.
She was miss India in the miss universe pageant a couple of years ago :smile:
( she came in the top 10 but I personally think she never made it cause of her height ).

she's gorgeous! i've always thought your avatar was of monica belluci :blush:

Need Tips

Hi, i have problems when is comes to choose make up colour and putting them up. Im full Chinese, but I have dark brown hair, golden/hazel/red brown eyes and snow white skin. my eye have a medium size with a quite big like cat/almond eye have my crease go narrower as going to the inner corner and on my left eye it even the lid coverd the crease (like those Eurasians do...)!!! every time i try to put on my eye make up i have troble make them to balance, because it look like either no change had done or the make up is too. Also because my coloring and my face structure wasn't that "Asian" i have hard time finding make up product and make up for me, but i found out they are too dark or greyish for me~! what sloud i do >.<

how do you clean your touche eclat????
mine got a bit smelly..

how long do foundatino lasts for? or those illumination potion? im like only 15 and ive been using foundation every single day unless on the weekends when i stay at home. whenever i leave the house i have foundation on..is it really that bad for the skin? im sort of worried, my skin is still nice, im not getting zits, black heads and i have small pores...i just have like facial expressions cause i make a lot of expressions but that can be fixed.--hopefully..

well i do put a lot of crap on my face

i put on Laura Mericier's foundation primer

then i put on Prescrptives Illuminating Potion, foundation primer transulscent magic.

Then 5 minutes later I mix my Prescriptives custom blend foundation with another Illuminating Potion --Deep transuclent this gives me a more sun kiss glow, its lovely, perfect for summer or a year round tannish look

after I use Prescritpives Liquid Powder and brush off the excess so it stays put.

and then some bronzer to define my strong features more

and i use Benefit's high beam to highlight my nose, cheeks and eyebrows

it gives me this sun kissed tan with a glowy deewy finish !

is this too much for a 15 year old ? =S

I want to try the Armani set, as long with the Laura Mercier Secret Finish...and Chanel Vitalumeiere OR Chanel Pro Lumiere

oh yah does anyone know if just rinising my foundation brush with warm water would keep it clean enough/ i clean it once a week ...

^ how long do foundation lasts for , i mean as in months, or a year? or those illuminating potion..

Good God, you wear so much stuff!!!
If you son´t have zits or blackheads what are you hiding?

People wear makeup because it´s nice and it´s also nice to have beautiful skin, but when you are 15 and have a clear skin, a tiny bit of powder alone or some tinted moisturizer is more than enough in terms of foundation. :wink:

Besides, foundation isn´t something beneficial to use, so you are better off if you don´t really need it.

ETA: No, rinsing with warm water isn´t enough! Use some baby shampoo or some mild shower ger too!
Foundation lasts about 6 months.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nathaniel06
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->