The Makeup Help and Tips Thread

madem0sielle, im only one year older than you and i do wear a lot of make up myself but im going to have to agree with sofialove that you wear wayyyy too much! :shock:

i wear a lot of make up to cover up my acne scars, but from what you've said, if you don't have any acne or problem areas you really don't need all of that. trust me, in a few more years down the road, if you actually start needing to wear make up, you'll regret ever trying to messing your beautiful skin.

thanks sofialove for the ETA.

angela xx and sofialove- yeah i DO put a lot of crap on my face =S it deosnt look cakey tho , very au naturel =D yeahhh im starting to worry cause i mean id o have smooth nice skin, how will all these crap ruin my skin? i mean i do wash them throughly clean...i guess i have all that crap is cause i want the glowy, dewy, sun kiss look =P

My makeup mentor said that foundation DOES really ruin the skin.
You know makeupartists can´t wear nail varnish because foundation "eats" up the paint and you could give peoples alergies if that happen doing someone´s makeup.

So there you go, save it for later when you need it :wink:

This is maybe not a question for this thread but I like it, so give it a try.....Do you know any good lipstick, light,transparent, just a bit shiny, in coral or orange/pink.I was using Dior lipsticks so far, but now I wanna try Chanel, Hydrabase or Aqualumiere? Any Tips?

I have a question too! I don't wear lipstick AT ALL. I'm all about lip gloss, so i'm quite ignorant...
Anyway, on of this days i will wear a coctail dress (typical LBD) with pearls and i bought a red Dior lipstick. My big question is: How the heck am i suppose to prevent myself from getting lipstick on my teeth throught the night? I wear it at home and everytime i smile...BOOM red teeth. EWWW it's disguisting...So please, any help....

scara said:
how do you clean your touche eclat????
mine got a bit smelly..

I would try rubbing alcohol.

I would also clean a foundation brush after every use ...

FashionJunkie said:
I have a question too! I don't wear lipstick AT ALL. I'm all about lip gloss, so i'm quite ignorant...
Anyway, on of this days i will wear a coctail dress (typical LBD) with pearls and i bought a red Dior lipstick. My big question is: How the heck am i suppose to prevent myself from getting lipstick on my teeth throught the night? I wear it at home and everytime i smile...BOOM red teeth. EWWW it's disguisting...So please, any help....

This is happening because you're not applying it right. You can't apply it to the insides of your lips or this will happen. There's an invisible line you cannot cross that you need to find. Good idea to try it at home first--keep experimenting and find the line. :flower:

I use lipstick every day and it never happened to me?!If a lipstick is heavy after you put it on, "kiss" a toilet paper. But I think that Dior lipsticks are not that heavy, so I guess it wont be on your teeth.
My favourite ones are Addict ultra shine, very light and transparent, like a lipgloss but better!

Dior makes great sheer lipsticks but if you're looking for other brands, Guerlain and Armani make great sheer lipsticks also.

hey guys, i have a question..when ever i wear lipstick i always get that dry lipstick line on my lip and its discusting! :yuk: can someone tell me how to avoid getting that line?

Last edited by a moderator:
FashionJunkie said:

I agree w. fashionista-ta - also you can try to apply Benefits she laq.. it helps me keep a lipstick in place :flower:

Maybe your lips aren´t moisturized enought before you apply the lipstick.
Apply a good layer of either vaseline, lipbalm, carmex, or any intense lip moisturizer and then remove with a kleenex abouth 10 minutes later, only then apply the lipstick.

Also, you could try to pass a bit of balm on top of the lipstick about an hour after you´ve applied it, so it stays smooth. :smile:

Take in care that long lasting lipsticks are often really dry, so they suck on the lips moisture to make them last longer, that´s why some long lasting lipsticks come with a tube of gloss or balm.

Good advice from Sofia ! priming the canvas is so important.

Also I find applying lipstick with a brush, blotting excess lipstick off, slightly powdering ones lips and reapplying lipstick keeps the lipstick on longer than if it is just applied the regular way :flower:

hi there:flower:
this is such a great thread!
what would you suggest to camouflage some post-acne discoloration? i have some patches that are slightly darker or reddish on my cheeks and chin and was wondering what products would work well for this-concealer/foundation/powder/tinted moisturizer etc etc?? noooo idea what could help!!
i love fun with eye/cheek/lip color, but i like a natural look. the one time my friend put foundation on me it looked really obvious and weird to me so i haven't gone near it since:shock: i really dont like the obvious cakey thick foundationey makeup look, so since i dont know what works, ive been pretty ok with nothing on my face.but do let me know what you think could help even out my olive/light brown skin with a natural finish, so my skin still looks like its mine:wink: thanks! im looking for something not too expensive..clinique or lancome or loreal/revlon/maybelline/covergirl/almay etc.. but any ideas are appreciated! also how to use the product.thanks so so much!!!

looking forward to hearing your advice..id like to get something for an event i have next week^_^

So i've been watching my OC dvds and noticed how beautiful Mischa Barton's makeup is on that show!! I'm not sure how to get the look though, any suggestions for products? It's a very natural, sunkissed/peachy cheeks, peachy pink lipgloss, and sometimes a light purple or pink eyeshadow. It looks great, but I'm not sure how to get it that natural. I swear by Bare Minerals, love that stuff..I'm only 16 and not sure how to use makeup, so I got BM because it's so so foolproof. But back to my question any product suggestions or application tips?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->