The Makeup Help and Tips Thread

thanks princess:flower: i love shahrukh too, by the way^_^ wanted to know if any of the makeup pros on here had any thoughts about this too.

my post number 217 i mean..hahaha..the bday's comin up and i wanna go buy something that'll work!:wink:

VersaceGirl said:
hey guys, i have a question..when ever i wear lipstick i always get that dry lipstick line on my lip and its discusting! :yuk: can someone tell me how to avoid getting that line?

I don't know what that dry lipstick line is :huh:

However, my lips are never dry or chapped--this is what I do ...
  • Keep lipgloss (either colored or clear) or lipstick on my lips at all times (I keep a colorless lipgloss stick in several rooms of my house so it's handy)
  • Use moisturizing lipstick (I like MAC)--it should feel good when it goes on
  • Put glittery lipstick on with a lip brush (I find it too irritating if applied directly from the stick)
  • Use lipgloss at home, refresh with lipstick of the same color while out, clear lipgloss after I get back home

greydove said:
hi there:flower:
this is such a great thread!
what would you suggest to camouflage some post-acne discoloration? i have some patches that are slightly darker or reddish on my cheeks and chin and was wondering what products would work well for this-concealer/foundation/powder/tinted moisturizer etc etc?? noooo idea what could help!!
i love fun with eye/cheek/lip color, but i like a natural look. the one time my friend put foundation on me it looked really obvious and weird to me so i haven't gone near it since:shock: i really dont like the obvious cakey thick foundationey makeup look, so since i dont know what works, ive been pretty ok with nothing on my face.but do let me know what you think could help even out my olive/light brown skin with a natural finish, so my skin still looks like its mine:wink: thanks! im looking for something not too expensive..clinique or lancome or loreal/revlon/maybelline/covergirl/almay etc.. but any ideas are appreciated! also how to use the product.thanks so so much!!!

The best I know is Prescriptives' Custom Blend, but it's not cheap. It lasts me 6-8 months, but if you don't wear much foundation, it will last you longer. Worth every penny.

How far can I go with a smoky, black eye before I look silly? Here's a picture for reference:

CREDITED TO ME :D
Mallory2006_NewYear_6a.jpg

^oh, I think you could go real smoky! go for it! just blend carefully, I'm sure it will look good on you.

if you use your bronzer on your cheeks, nose,chin and forehead where abouts do u put the highlighter/illuminator? or doyou only use one or the other?

can someone tell me how to apply cream blush.. and is it better than powder?? i

Last edited by a moderator:
Uchina you are a very pretty girl! :wink:
The smokey eye will surely fit you!

Versace girl, apply he cream blush is circular motions, to blend in and in the end you can apply some powder blush to enphasize the effect, it looks great!
Take in care the shape of your face and blend in the blush in the same places where you would go with a brush.

Can someone explain the right way to apply (after foundation) powder, cream blush, highligher and where exacly, to acheive effortless, natural look?? (I always end up looking cakey and masky) Thanks

Does anyone know what pink lipstick was used at the John Galliano Spring 2008 shows? I absolutely loved it :heart:

^the makeup was by Pat McGrath. i'm not sure if that helps though. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessRW
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->